Magenta tint in Lightroom

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dhazeghi, Jun 10, 2012.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Does anybody else find the Olympus Pens (at least the E-P1, E-P2, E-PL1 and E-PM1) produce excessively magenta WB values when using Lightroom or other ACR-derived RAW conversions?

The camera JPEGs seem okayish (slightly magenta, but not enough to worry about), but the RAW conversions have purples where none should be (skies and other neutral areas). This is with the default ACR settings (no custom color tweaks). Example below (ACR on left):

i-HfPGbpT.

DH

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Do you mean when using "as shot" WB? Does it correct when you use LR's "auto WB"?

I've noticed that I need to come off of "as shot" in LR 4 with my EPM1 and use LR's auto, and then tweak a bit. I didn't pay enough attention to know what the color shift was, though.

3. dhazeghi

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    This is with 'as shot'. Auto WB seems to warm things up quite a bit more than I'd like. In the sample I posted, it would use 7500k instead of 5750k.

I would have just chalked it up to the E-PM1, but going back over my E-P2 shots and a few E-P1 and E-PL1 samples I saw the same thing.

DH

4. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    The AWB of my E-PL2 OOC JPGs do come up with a slight magenta cast, even after setting the Amber-Blue (AWB adjustment to -1). The -1 makes it more neutral, but not perfect.

5. dhazeghi

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Okay, I'll have to give that a shot. Any idea whether these settings are incorporated by ACR, or whether they're just useful for the JPEGs?

Thanks,

DH