Magenta Cast in Raw on PSP X5

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Rich Young, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Rich Young

Rich Young Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2011
    Chicago
    Rich
    Greetings all,

I hope your holidays are a time of rest, enjoyment and creativity. As a number of you know, I am leaving for a European experience next week - very excited about that. But, here is a question that I have looked for an answer to, and to no avail.

I like PSP - and X5 is great for JPGs (most of the time), but the RAW file (Panasonic, GX7), have a magenta cast. And if I remember correctly, it had the same cast on SONY RAW (NEX 6)....am I crazy? Am I missing a step or a quick fix. I have used Silkypix to compare, and no magenta. I am confused.

Any help is appreciated...or suggestions for alternatives.

Thanks.

Peace,
    Rich

2. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    Raw processing on PSP X5 with OLY raw files also had performance issues. you not experiencing anything unusual. i just use it for jpg editing. i did the upgrade to X16 which is much better than X15. i used Lightroom for raw or will I use Oly viewer 3 to change the RAW to tiff if i need to recover the pictures for editing. i am now shooting RAW+ JPG and then process the JPG in PSP16.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rich Young

Rich Young Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2011
    Chicago
    Rich
    Thanks for the information. I think I will use Silkypix for now, should I need it, and keep with x5 for jpg's - at least I am not crazy (in this regard!).

Rich

4. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    just bump the green tone curve up to compensate =) tedious, but maybe you can work it into an import preset

• Like Like x 1