Magenta Cast in Raw on PSP X5

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Rich Young, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Rich Young

Rich Young Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2011
    Chicago
    Rich
    Greetings all,

I hope your holidays are a time of rest, enjoyment and creativity. As a number of you know, I am leaving for a European experience next week - very excited about that. But, here is a question that I have looked for an answer to, and to no avail.

I like PSP - and X5 is great for JPGs (most of the time), but the RAW file (Panasonic, GX7), have a magenta cast. And if I remember correctly, it had the same cast on SONY RAW (NEX 6)....am I crazy? Am I missing a step or a quick fix. I have used Silkypix to compare, and no magenta. I am confused.

Any help is appreciated...or suggestions for alternatives.

Thanks.

Peace,
    Rich

2. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    Raw processing on PSP X5 with OLY raw files also had performance issues. you not experiencing anything unusual. i just use it for jpg editing. i did the upgrade to X16 which is much better than X15. i used Lightroom for raw or will I use Oly viewer 3 to change the RAW to tiff if i need to recover the pictures for editing. i am now shooting RAW+ JPG and then process the JPG in PSP16.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rich Young

Rich Young Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2011
    Chicago
    Rich
    Thanks for the information. I think I will use Silkypix for now, should I need it, and keep with x5 for jpg's - at least I am not crazy (in this regard!).

Rich

4. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    just bump the green tone curve up to compensate =) tedious, but maybe you can work it into an import preset

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.