Made the decision...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Exposed, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    After reading, asking questions and still not making a decision about a camera upgrade or lens upgrade, I found on the Olympus website the 12mm f2.0 refurbished for $479 and ordered it today. Keeping my epl-2 with the VF-2 finder and 14-42 II lens that for over 3 years has served me so well. I kept looking at prints I have done with that little Olympus camera and found with some lightroom work, I could not find anything wrong with them. I have done 30x40 prints, sold a few and clients have responded well. The camera has been on 5 day trips into the cascade mountains, in rain, snow, fog and sunny weather and just keeps going. I have taken it to Texas, and all over Washington State and it has never failed me. I will keep her for some time.....

Long live the epl-2!!!!

Randy

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Randy,

Post some pics when you get the 12mm. I've not used one, my widest (normal) prime is the 14mm. I've debated getting a 12mm but the accompanying divorce puts it out of my price range :biggrin:.

Regards,

Jim

3. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Will do Jim. I am very excited for it. I found I was using the 14mm end of my 14-42 most of the time, so this 12mm will be great. I to could not come to grips with the $800 price tag new so when Olympus had the refurb for $479, I made the jump. Mind you I had to sell some DSLR gear to fund it but I think it will be worth it.

Randy