1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Made it to the tournament!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by RevBob, May 24, 2013.

1. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Our disc (frisbee) golf club hosts a Pro/Am tournament every June called the Shoot the Breeze Open. It's part of the Can/Am (Canadian/American) tour. Folks who play receive a custom designed, full color disc in their player pack. This year's disc features a photo that I took during last years' tournament. It's the Ashtabula, Ohio lighthouse which is visible from many parts of the course. A local photographer, who is also our club president, cropped and edited the image. Here's the original:

RDKM43-0954.

Here's the final image for the disc:

RDKM43-2013.

He was amazed that this was taken from one of the farthest points on the course from the lighthouse with the Panasonic 100-300. He was considerably impressed with both the lens and the camera - an E-PL2 (He's a Canon shooter). Gotta love :43:!!!

2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Cool. I Disc Golf also. We have a course here in my town and the PDGA sometimes runs tournaments here.

I've never considered myself talented enough to do a tournament. I am a much better photographer than disc golfer!!!

Congrats on the image! The disk looks great!

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Thanks! I only take photos at our tournament but I did play a C-Tier tournament at another course last year. I came in next to last but had a great time! :biggrin:

4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Very nice Rev.

5. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Lighthouses is one of my favorite subjects in photography. Too bad we don't have many here in Greece and with that kind of view! Well done Bob!

6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Congrats Bob, well deserved. I'm not a golfer but frisbee golf sounds really fun

7. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    What amazes me most about this thread, is the fact that there is something like discgolf. Never heard about it before, but sounds fun... :)

Congrats on having your picture on the disc! In my opinion it is one of the best rewards we* can get, when one of our images is used/printed by other people.

---
    *) meaning the amateur who snaps pictures for fun and not on a paid basis (along the lines of the discussion going on in the other thread about professional photography)

8. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    That worked out very well. Congratulations!

9. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Scott
    Congrats Bob; that's a great photo. We also play Frisbee golf in many places in Colorado. If you have a chance to show some of the course and a typical "hole" for people here who may not be familiar with the sport (or even the different discs that are used), that would be cool.

10. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I couldn't throw a frisbee if my life depended on it. We have several disc golf courses around town, though.