1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Made a product video

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by kchau, Jul 10, 2013.

1. kchau

kchau Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2012
    Seattle
  2. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    Nice job! Makes me want to get a slider.

3. kchau

kchau Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2012
    Seattle
    Thanks Tuan!

Sliders are fun, but they do have a learning curve.

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Nice work, Kevin. It looks quite professional.

5. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Love seeing more professional work done on micro four thirds. Thanks for sharing!

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very good!

The only thing I would criticize is - the reflections of people walking! You can clearly see a guy walking between 25-28 seconds. There is a lesser one at 50 seconds. A screen capture of the software might be a good addition too.

7. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    can I point out ...that after watching the video several times, and being not completely ignorant of the world of technology... that I have no idea what it is you are selling.

The technical aspects of the video are OK at best... but the message and the 'story' are awfully muddled.

sorry

K

8. kchau

kchau Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2012
    Seattle
    Thanks guys!

@speedandstyle - Yeah... Nothing we could do about that at that point, the sun was moving and we were many takes in. I shot down the suggestion of a screen capture during ideation, there's just too many of them out there.

@kevinparis - I know what you're saying. But the video is taken a bit out of context. It's to be embedded on the site home page, so it's a very high level video. Since Stride targets a niche market, people who visit the page already know what they're looking for.

9. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Been there! Sometimes when things just aren't going right you just take the best shot and leave it at that. Sometimes you get lucky and it turns out to be the best. In "Raiders of the lost ark" the scene of Indy shooting the swordsman wasn't planned. Harrison Ford was sick with heat exhaustion and just couldn't get the fight sequence down. So Spielberg told him to just shoot him so they could move on. It is now one of the most iconic scenes of the movie.