View attachment 822098
Pentatomidae eggs

View attachment 822099
Stenaelurillus sp jumping spider

View attachment 822100
A predatory sink bug using it's proboscis to suck fluids out of an ant

View attachment 822101
Owlfly close-up

5. A salute to all the warriors fighting Corona on the frontlines to keep us safe :)
View attachment 822102
Megachile(?) sp leaf-cutter bee

All shot on the Olympus OMD EM10 M2, 60mm macro with a Godox TT 350O with DIY diffuser

C&C sought :)

Cheers!
Hayath
Can't you do any better???
Just kidding--they're all really superb!

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
wonderful macros. can you share a photo of your Godox 350 DIY diffuser and maybe some instructions on how you made it? Seems like an ideal flash for a diffuser given its size and weight.

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
Man every time you post stuff I want to get good at Macro, I'm really going to have to get a 60mm macro. How many frames do you bracket for focus stacking?

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outstanding ... as usual!
Thanks!

really amazing work. You have real skill. thanks for sharing with us. :D
Thank you , I enjoy sharing these beauties that get lesser attention :)

That Owlfly is something special. Stunning stuff as always, Hayath. :bravo-009:
Thanks much, I really enjoyed making this

That forth shot is simply stunning, but I must admit as a photo I really like the third one, sort of has a story to it.
Thanks much :)
It's crazy to observe how they use their proboscis to inject enzymes and then suck up the fluids

Can't you do any better???
Just kidding--they're all really superb!
:D Thanks!

wonderful macros. can you share a photo of your Godox 350 DIY diffuser and maybe some instructions on how you made it? Seems like an ideal flash for a diffuser given its size and weight.
Thanks!
I love the 350O, really light weight and more importantly isn't too high off the hotshoe - helps me get the right light direction for my diffuser.
don't have the exact image on the Oly setup. Here's what it looks like (much smaller on the Oly)
https://flic.kr/p/2bgvENU
Man every time you post stuff I want to get good at Macro, I'm really going to have to get a 60mm macro. How many frames do you bracket for focus stacking?
Yet to get focus bracketing in the field. All these are single images.
You should pick up the 60 macro, it's truly a masterpiece

Fantastic pics as always, Hayath!
Thanks much!

Awesome, thank you.
Thank you!

Thank you all for the love..thrilled to make it to the front page :)

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wayne

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
You may want to look at this before going to trouble of making something.

https://www.amazon.com/Diffuser-Eli...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
I have one. I get better results shooting down a Pringles tube with a couple of lens tissues stuffed inside.

The foldable diffuser is better than nothing, but with the flash so close to your subject, it's not enough to diffuse the harsh central highlight. It's not great on its own.

It's also too big. Furthermore, the hole for the lens is also too big for the Olympus 60mm so you have to hold it in place.

Hayeth's is a two stage diffusion system. One for the flash head one for the lens. Being fixed, it leaves his left hand free to hold the subject still.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You should pick up the 60 macro, it's truly a masterpiece
I'm sorry, but that's cruel and misleading.

I already have the 60mm macro. It doesn't take photographs like yours at all. You may use that lens but it's not the lens delivering those pictures, or I'd be able to take ones like that too. Trust me, I've tried :(

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sorry, but that's cruel and misleading.

I already have the 60mm macro. It doesn't take photographs like yours at all. You may use that lens but it's not the lens delivering those pictures, or I'd be able to take ones like that too. Trust me, I've tried :(
:)

You should try the following -
1. Focus limiter ranges, I've noticed the 0.19m - 0.4m works best for macro working distances
2. Auto focus area : Try keeping this as small as possible using the slider which comes up when selecting the AF point
3. Experiment with static subjects and look for areas with good contrast - will help understand how AF works on your system combo

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom