Macros from the weekend

Hayath

Mu-43 Veteran

Hayath

Mu-43 Veteran
Rubbish as always, Hayath. You must try harder. :p

(another vote for the jewel bug - oh la la. brilliant colours)
:D I'm sure this calls for gear upgrade!
Thanks much :)

Thank you!

I always wondered HOW you get a macro shot of an insect that can jump or fly, without freezing it so that it does not move.

A mix of fieldcraft, understanding subject behavior, luck and some bit of discipline in reaching them while they're not too active (early mornings and evenings work better)

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
A mix of fieldcraft, understanding subject behaviour, luck and some bit of discipline in reaching them while they're not too active (early mornings and evenings work better)
No, no and no. There is an easier way. You catch them in a net and freeze them overnight and then photograph them the next day, using pins and things to position them on your in-house table-top flower, just right. You can then use arty-farty filters and enhance the out-of-focus areas to hide your subterfuge so your million followers on Instagram don't know that you've cut their wings off, sometimes, in case they fly away. And then you can put them in the sun to melt and say you released them.

(and I ain't kidding - there are people who do all THREE of those things - well, at least the first two)

(and in case you think Hayath does this, he does not, and thankfully, I think no one else here on m4/3 does it)

(except @Ken C - he uses plastic dragonflies. He has to, surely? They can't stay still like that long enough :p)

Latest threads

Top Bottom