Macro variety!

Always

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Arthur
For starting 2021, shoot a few macro to share. They are definitely not perfect and I still have lot to learn.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Sharing a few images from the weekend, felt good to spend time outdoors!

View attachment 857104
Juvenile Calotes sp portrait

View attachment 857105
Golden dartlet

View attachment 857106
Dictyopharidae

View attachment 857107
Asota sp moth caterpillars

View attachment 857108
Cotton stainer bug nymph

All shot on the Olympus OMD EM10 m2, 60mm macro, Godox TT 350) with DIY diffuser

As always, C&C sought :)

Cheers!
Hayath
Wow!
Fantastic!
Those photos make me want to go out and shoot macro.
Thank's for sharing.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
a few images from the weekend
I don't get it. You just strolled outside and took shots like that? Several of them!

There is macro magic happening and I don't understand it. I own the same lens, a more expensive camera from the same manufacturer and my macro shots just aren't remotely comparable.

You're finding subjects, keeping them still enough to shoot; I can't imagine you're focus stacking, yet you have excellent depth of field and the focus is absolutely spot on. There's witchcraft at work here and I want to learn it :(

Hayath

Mu-43 Veteran
Very nice shots as usual.
With shots like the top & bottom ones with what appears to be a totally black background, is that done in post?
Just wondering how you get totally black backgrounds
Thanks much!
The black/dark BG is due to a combination of low ambient light, low exposure setting and usage of external flash.
Kurt's blog post is one of the best resources out there - http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2009/07/full-flash-macro-photography-3-things.html

Beautifully done as usual! You certainly have larger, more colourful and more interesting bugs than we do in the UK!
Thanks!
blessed to have amazing biodiversity around

Great images.
Thanks!

Wow, great shots!
Thanks!

Beautiful images! thanks for sharing
Thank you!

Wow!
Fantastic!
Those photos make me want to go out and shoot macro.
Thank's for sharing.
I find it therapeutic..you must :)
Thanks a ton

I don't get it. You just strolled outside and took shots like that? Several of them!

There is macro magic happening and I don't understand it. I own the same lens, a more expensive camera from the same manufacturer and my macro shots just aren't remotely comparable.

You're finding subjects, keeping them still enough to shoot; I can't imagine you're focus stacking, yet you have excellent depth of field and the focus is absolutely spot on. There's witchcraft at work here and I want to learn it :(
You're missing the special device from the movie men in black :D
Thanks...I find reaching the location early in the morning when the temps are lower definitely helps in approaching them. Choosing the right aperture and getting perfectly perpendicular to the subject helps in getting the optimum detail

As always stunning photos @Hayath :) Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!

Wonderful, as usual, Jaime. I particularly like the caterpillars.

Fantastic as always.
Thank you!

Great shots! How did you get so close to the lizard?
Thanks!
Got lucky while I caught it basking...careful approach helped. However, with close-ups like these - it's all upto luck and co-operation from the subject

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom