Macro test E-PL1 + Sigma 105

Blu-by-u

Mu-43 Regular
Just tested my E-PL1 with my 105. The AF is slow but I notice the pictures are not as sharp.

B01)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B02)

This was done with a E-330 and a similar Sigma 105.
B03)

Blu-by-u

Mu-43 Regular
What I notice is the eyes of the fly in the B01, the eyes are not a sharp and there details is lost. While in B03, I could see the details in the eyes.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
I have been successfully using a Sigma 105mm, f/2,8 DG Macro on a Panasonic G1 with a DMW-MA1 adapter for some months. What adapter are you using? On my set up auto focus DOES NOT function, however auto stop down DOES function. Are you certain that your lens is both auto focusing and auto stopping down. It looks to me as though your poor shots on the m4/3 camera could be taken at maximum aperture and the lack of depth of field has caused you to assume a lack of sharpness.

Barrie

Blu-by-u

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Barrie. I am using the MMF2 that came with the 2 lens kit. The AF works in S-AF mode but not in the C-AF.

Guess what..I was searching through the EXIF, In broad daylight, the camera set itself to ISO500 and 1/200s It was f8 for the spider and f6.3 for the fly. Now I know why the lack of details. Should have default it to ISO 200 or 250.

Off note,
P.S. Are you the same Barrie from a four third forum?

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Glad you have been able to resolve your problem.
I have posted in a 4/3 forum in flickr, although I haven't visited it for some time. Otherwise there is someone else out there with the less common spelling of my name.

Barrie

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom