Macro self portrait

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Wasabi Bob, May 10, 2012.

1. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Just got the new Kenko MFT extension tubes. Wanted to sse just how close I can get. Here a self portrait in the end of a ball point pen tip using the Panasonic Leica 45 mm macro and the 16mm Kenko tube.

Not the sharpest, but you can see some texture of the ball tip.

<a href="" title="Pen Tip Self Portrait by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="600" alt="Pen Tip Self Portrait"></a>
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Zuishi

Zuishi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2011
    Crazy! I was trying to come up with a creative self portrait idea a few days ago and can say with certainty that ball point pen reflection never even hit the list to try.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
  4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Crop that puppy and you've got an avatar pic.
  5. micz87

micz87 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Whoa! Great idea :) Some time ago I was thinking about some unusual self-portrait for my forum avatar and I had no idea...
  6. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    :2thumbs: Dude- I totally have to do that now
  7. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I've keep noticing my reflection in my rabbit's eyes when I take her photo (which is a dangerous thing when I'm photographing in my old underwears!!!!)... I've been thinking about doing something with that, so thanks for the inspiration!
  8. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Closer yet!

Next week I'm going to combine the 16 mm tube with the 10 mm and try to get closer. Also going to try a different angle so the lens does not appear as the big black spot!

Appreciate all the positive comments