1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Macro self portrait

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Wasabi Bob, May 10, 2012.

1. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Just got the new Kenko MFT extension tubes. Wanted to sse just how close I can get. Here a self portrait in the end of a ball point pen tip using the Panasonic Leica 45 mm macro and the 16mm Kenko tube.

Not the sharpest, but you can see some texture of the ball tip.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/7171944568/" title="Pen Tip Self Portrait by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr"> 7171944568_259373ac7f_c. "800" height="600" alt="Pen Tip Self Portrait"></a>

• Like Like x 15
  2. Zuishi

Zuishi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2011
    Crazy! I was trying to come up with a creative self portrait idea a few days ago and can say with certainty that ball point pen reflection never even hit the list to try.

Justin

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Crop that puppy and you've got an avatar pic.

5. micz87

micz87 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    EU
    Whoa! Great idea :) Some time ago I was thinking about some unusual self-portrait for my forum avatar and I had no idea...

6. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    :2thumbs: Dude- I totally have to do that now

7. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I've keep noticing my reflection in my rabbit's eyes when I take her photo (which is a dangerous thing when I'm photographing in my old underwears!!!!)... I've been thinking about doing something with that, so thanks for the inspiration!

8. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Closer yet!

Next week I'm going to combine the 16 mm tube with the 10 mm and try to get closer. Also going to try a different angle so the lens does not appear as the big black spot!

Appreciate all the positive comments