Macro photography with GX7 + 14-140mm + Raynox DCR150

leendertv

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leendert
On monday I tested my new GX7 with the Panasonic 100-300mm. It was a great experience. See this topic: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=68535

Today I decided to take my Panasonic 14-140mm + Raynox DCR150 and do some macro shots.
This a nice lightweight flexible combination! One lens for both landscapes and closeups (without the Raynox DCR150) and for macro (with the Raynox DCR150)!

I decided to leave the flash at home and use higher ISO when needed (max ISO3200)
(usually I use a flash with diffuser for macro photography, especially with the high magnification of the Raynox DCR250)

My settings:
- JPG only
- I tweaked the standard JPG style: contrast: -2, sharpness: -1, noise reduction: -5
- electronic shutter
- ETC (extra teleconv): 8mp crop (because I had no flash, I choose for lower magnifications)
- Auto ISO (max ISO3200)
- Auto whitebalance
- Aperture priority mode
- F8
- All shots handheld

Postprocessing in GIMP:
- Crop if needed
- curves
- unsharp mask

I'm very happy with the results!
The combination feels very balanced!
Auto focus is very fast.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

stripedrex

Do or do not. There is no try.
Real Name
Alex
Awesome, what focal range as well? I have a few primes curious if I can get this and slap it on the p25 o45 o75 for some super sharp macro fun!

leendertv

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leendert
Wow, impressive, especially considering those were hand-held -- what shutter speed range did you use?
I don't know. I use Aperture priority mode. I think the slowest is something like 1/160sec.

Awesome, what focal range as well? I have a few primes curious if I can get this and slap it on the p25 o45 o75 for some super sharp macro fun!
For the Raynox I prefer a zoom. With the zoom youre more flexible in choosing the magnification you want.
40mm is low magnification, 140mm is high magnification.
I think the o75 wil give you good results.

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
great results, I use E-M10 w/14-140 II and Raynox 150. I prefer shooting with flash at base ISO and f16 though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom