Macro mix!

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
These are gorgeous. I love how soft the lighting looks. Can we see your DIY reflector? Also how much were some of these cropped in?
You said the Raynox but u also have the extension tubes listed.

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
These are gorgeous. I love how soft the lighting looks. Can we see your DIY reflector? Also how much were some of these cropped in?
You said the Raynox but u also have the extension tubes listed.
Thank you! Most of these are cropped slightly for composition.

Another nice set.

I would like a better look at your diffuser as well.
Thanks much!

Superb stuff - as always!
Thank you!

Here's what the diffuser generally looks like..the materials used keeps varying as I tend to experiment a lot
https://flic.kr/p/2bgvENU

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thank you! Most of these are cropped slightly for composition.

Thanks much!

Thank you!

Here's what the diffuser generally looks like..the materials used keeps varying as I tend to experiment a lot
https://flic.kr/p/2bgvENU
I was surprised when you said "slightly". Usually for me to get anywhere near that magnification I have to crop close to 50% but I suspect that's because u're using the tubes AND the O60 + Raynox. Focusing must be ... challenging :D

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
I was surprised when you said "slightly". Usually for me to get anywhere near that magnification I have to crop close to 50% but I suspect that's because u're using the tubes AND the O60 + Raynox. Focusing must be ... challenging :D
You're right, the extension tubes + Raynox help
Focusing is tough, a lot of missed shots - but some turn out acceptable :)

amit

Mu-43 Regular
Few recent macros to share!

1. Shot with the Raynox DCR-250
View attachment 805992
Robberfly eyes

View attachment 805993
Pentatomidae egg clutch

3. Shot with the Raynox DCR-250
View attachment 805994
Wandering spider, Ctenidae close-up

View attachment 805995
Flower wasp, Scoliidae

View attachment 805996
Hersilia male, close-up

Olympus OMD EM10 m2, Olympus 60mm + extension tubes, Godox TT 350O with DIY diffuser

C&C sought :)

Cheers!
Hayath
Amazing !
Are the first 2 shots focus stacked?

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Great stuff - really cool.

Whats your technique to get the first shot? Manual focus and rocking back and forth? High sequence? whats the working distance on the first shot from lens to fly? how do you get close enough?

Thanks,
Stefan

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
Great stuff - really cool.

Whats your technique to get the first shot? Manual focus and rocking back and forth? High sequence? whats the working distance on the first shot from lens to fly? how do you get close enough?

Thanks,
Stefan
Thank you, Stefan!
As i get closer to 1:1 and go beyond, I prefer moving to manual focus and use the technique you mentioned of rocking the setup to bring the subject in focus.
Yet to get stacking technique sorted - so no high sequence yet.

The working distance would've been around 3-4" with the Raynox DCR 250 on. Getting close is a combination of timing (early in the morning works best) and a lot of luck in finding a co-operative subject

How wide is the bit attached to you lens, looks like a blow up tube or something ?
That would be the moving front element of the Tamron lens.
The front "shield" is wrapped around the lens using a rubberband

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Thank you, Stefan!
As i get closer to 1:1 and go beyond, I prefer moving to manual focus and use the technique you mentioned of rocking the setup to bring the subject in focus.
Yet to get stacking technique sorted - so no high sequence yet.

Thanks - what is your approximate hit rate with that kind of magnification? did you ever consider using high sequence as a spray and pray method? not for stacking but to shot high sequence while rocking back and forth?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom