1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Macro Bellows

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Southcross, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Southcross

Southcross Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Denver, CO USA
    Edward
    Just recently picked up a Canon FD compatible Macro Bellows off ebay. I've always been interested in macro/micro photography... Haven't gotten to play with it too much, maybe 5 mins this morning before work, and discovered that a super-wide lens isn't ideal for Macro :rofl: (will take photos of the Rig and sample images tonight).

What was interesting, and I should have the needed threaded adapter next week, installing a lens on a reversing ring on the bellows for very high magnification??

2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    What do you intend to shoot with it? I mean, you'll probably get a mag of 10-20:1 (bellows + reversed lens) which is very difficult to manage. Curious to see the results though. And if you want higher mag, use a wide lens (reversed) instead of a medium-tele/tele.

3. Southcross

Southcross Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Denver, CO USA
    Edward
    Yeah, I really don't know yet... on all of my film cameras I've had Macro lenses capable of 1:2 and 1:1. I never really spent a lot of time actually "macro" work, mostly just architecture/landscape and product shots. It really comes down to just wanting to play around with it, being that digital is essentially already "paid for" vs when I was shooting film and paying $6/roll + $2 for processing (I used to work in a photo lab)

4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Cool. I love macro because it shows us the world we can hardly see and the patterns and designs make me wonder how perfectly the world is designed. I look forward to your photographs with this setup. Unfortunately, my canon FD bellows are in India and have no access to them :(. But, I need to get back to macro photography. Can't wait for spring to get here fast enough :).