Macro Bellows

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Southcross, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Southcross

Southcross Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Denver, CO USA
    Edward
    Just recently picked up a Canon FD compatible Macro Bellows off ebay. I've always been interested in macro/micro photography... Haven't gotten to play with it too much, maybe 5 mins this morning before work, and discovered that a super-wide lens isn't ideal for Macro :rofl: (will take photos of the Rig and sample images tonight).

What was interesting, and I should have the needed threaded adapter next week, installing a lens on a reversing ring on the bellows for very high magnification??

2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    What do you intend to shoot with it? I mean, you'll probably get a mag of 10-20:1 (bellows + reversed lens) which is very difficult to manage. Curious to see the results though. And if you want higher mag, use a wide lens (reversed) instead of a medium-tele/tele.

3. Southcross

Southcross Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Denver, CO USA
    Edward
    Yeah, I really don't know yet... on all of my film cameras I've had Macro lenses capable of 1:2 and 1:1. I never really spent a lot of time actually "macro" work, mostly just architecture/landscape and product shots. It really comes down to just wanting to play around with it, being that digital is essentially already "paid for" vs when I was shooting film and paying $6/roll + $2 for processing (I used to work in a photo lab)

4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Cool. I love macro because it shows us the world we can hardly see and the patterns and designs make me wonder how perfectly the world is designed. I look forward to your photographs with this setup. Unfortunately, my canon FD bellows are in India and have no access to them :( . But, I need to get back to macro photography. Can't wait for spring to get here fast enough :) .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.