1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Macro Arm Light for EM10II recommendations

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by delkhouri, Apr 23, 2019.

1. delkhouri

delkhouri Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2016
    Hey all, I have an EM10II and I have recently picked up the 30mm F3.5 lens. I have been impressed with this little lens except for one thing. In order to get the full macro experience I need to be so close the the subject that I tend to block out some light. I saw that olympus makes the Macro Arm Light but It is NOT compatible with the PEN-F, OM-D E-M10, OM-D E-M10 Mark II, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and OM-D E-M1 Mark II.

Is there anything else out there like it that would work on the EM10II? Something to add some light for macro shots. At this point I can't afford the near $500 for the macro flash set stf-8.

2. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    You can do cheap light direction modifiers and use nearly any flash, some ideas on this link

Up Close with Nature: More Macro Rigs

I kept mine cheap and used this one

Meike Mk320-p TTL Speedlite Flash for Olympus DSLR Cameras With LCD Display for sale online | eBay

This is with it

P7030092.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P8040183.jpg

3. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    .... this is what I use .... Olympus bracket UBKBP1 .... two FL-300R flashes triggered by the small commander flash

p9114476a-jpg.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.