macro adaptor

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by irelach1, Jun 2, 2012.

1. irelach1

irelach1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2011
    hi i have seen a set of macro adaprtors which go on the front of the lens and was wondering if anyone has any views on if there any good ? im intrested in buying them as they are only cheap and would like to try macro photography as cheap as possible

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Is [thread=26668]something like this[/thread] what you had in mind?

3. irelach1

irelach1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2011
    yes thank you anyone know were i can get these in the uk as i cant seem to find the 40.5 ones i need

4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi. If you are referring to the Olympus Macro adaptor MCON-PO1 - they are available only or the MK2 MSC and 'R' versions of the 14 - 42 kit lenses which have 37mm threads although the adaptor fits via a bayonet onto theses lenses
    The same adaptor will also fit on the 40 - 150 mm MSC and 'R' and 14 - 150mm MSC lenses
    The adaptor does not fit on the MK1 lens which has the 40.5 mm thread
    Hope this helps and that I have not misunderstood
    Rob

5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Get a 49mm Marumi DHG achromat close-up lens from Amazon and a 40.5mm to 49mm step-up filter ring. Much better quality than the MCON-PO1.

6. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    After thinking about this for a while, maybe putting a diopter lens on isn't such a good idea. This version of the 14-42 has a close focus range down to 7.9 inches (one of the closest of all m43 lenses). By adding a diopter lens, you will get to focus a little closer, but chances are your subject will be in the shadow of the lens, and the difference in subject distance gain & magnification gain will not be "cost effective".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.