macro adaptor

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by irelach1, Jun 2, 2012.

1. irelach1

irelach1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2011
    hi i have seen a set of macro adaprtors which go on the front of the lens and was wondering if anyone has any views on if there any good ? im intrested in buying them as they are only cheap and would like to try macro photography as cheap as possible

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Is [thread=26668]something like this[/thread] what you had in mind?

3. irelach1

irelach1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2011
    yes thank you anyone know were i can get these in the uk as i cant seem to find the 40.5 ones i need

4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi. If you are referring to the Olympus Macro adaptor MCON-PO1 - they are available only or the MK2 MSC and 'R' versions of the 14 - 42 kit lenses which have 37mm threads although the adaptor fits via a bayonet onto theses lenses
    The same adaptor will also fit on the 40 - 150 mm MSC and 'R' and 14 - 150mm MSC lenses
    The adaptor does not fit on the MK1 lens which has the 40.5 mm thread
    Hope this helps and that I have not misunderstood
    Rob

5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Get a 49mm Marumi DHG achromat close-up lens from Amazon and a 40.5mm to 49mm step-up filter ring. Much better quality than the MCON-PO1.

6. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    After thinking about this for a while, maybe putting a diopter lens on isn't such a good idea. This version of the 14-42 has a close focus range down to 7.9 inches (one of the closest of all m43 lenses). By adding a diopter lens, you will get to focus a little closer, but chances are your subject will be in the shadow of the lens, and the difference in subject distance gain & magnification gain will not be "cost effective".