Machinery or Photography?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by snkenai, May 2, 2012.

1. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    ?:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I'm as confused as you are...maybe even moreso. :confused::confused:

3. snkenai

Sep 5, 2010
    Mu4/3 lately, is almost totally about the machinery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    That'll settle down once the initial excitement of everyone getting their OM-D's wears off....... until the next big thing comes along...... :smile:

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    It does seem like folks have gone pretty OMD crazy. I agree that it'll die down eventually. However, mu-43 is centered around a particular kind of gear so a certain amount of that kind of gear centric content comes with the territory.

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The forum goes in spurts, but it's been a very long time since photography was dominate. Hopefully the OM-D craziness will subside and people will start posting pictures of what it can do.

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You mean sample photos to test resolution, sharpness, noise levels, and DOF? :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  8. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    So we got ourselves a funny man huh? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

curly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    mu-43 needs a hyperbaric chamber for members that are skipping a given product cycle

10. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    That would be cool...but not everyone lives surrounded by herds of pretty young girls wanting their photograph taken. :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Yep we sure need the EM5 frenzy to die down a little ......then come Photokinia we can whip ourselves up into a new 'fast zoom' and GH3 frenzy ....all merely a build up to the new year pen4 and GX2 rumor frenzy ;)

I get as frustrated as anyone by it and sometimes think the whole thing is about to go t!ts up....but as Amin and others have pointed out, the new gear frenzy is and always has been a part of the picture but the general forum population does eventually return things back to being about the photography, and not the machinery.

It's a good forum, with good members.....I have faith.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Can't agree more. This is kind of cyclic here, but the manufacturer's release cycles have shortened while the discussions take the same time to settle down. It seems there's less and less breathing space for pictures...

But in the end, it depends on what people post too, and how much others engage on the shown pictures. Let's all post our latest images ! (and perfectly color corrected ones, isn't it ? hum..)

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  13. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    I'm here for the machinery. I want to see what people do with their m43 cameras. How they problem solve etc...what about their EM5 do they like, what they don't like.

I'm not going to buy one, myself but then again maybe I will.

• Like Like x 1
  14. snkenai

Sep 5, 2010
    OK, I'll break the machinery cycle. Here's one and I'll not tell what the machinery is, but it's not something new!

Wife and Daughter
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Nice. Methinks we start a separate thread with the title: Photography, not Machinery.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Here's both

Here is where I used my "machinery" to photograph other machinery. I do agree however that this forum gets "over focussed" (sic) on equipment. With the volume of posts getting larger by day anyone submitting a photo shoot finds that it gets dropped off the home page by the next day or sooner if no one responds almost immeadiatly. This image is from a shoot about my favorite lens - the Panasonic 45-200mm. It is in my gallery, and of course in my posts. The post only lasted one day on home page because it received no comments.
    Perhaps it is the right time to change the hompage design to keep more members photos up longer.
    Cheers
    DUD:confused:

• Like Like x 6
  17. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Mate....it's a complete travesty that a shot of someone thrashing the guts out of a Gemini doesn't get the credit it deserves ....the only thing that would beat that would be a photo of someone thrashing the guts out of a Torana ;)

Nice shot.

18. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

You asked - you received!!!! Perhaps you're a "Ford" man?
    Cheers
    DUD

• Like Like x 4
  19. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dixeyk/6946283262/" title="Unpacking by dixeyk, on Flickr"> 6946283262_3821c44635_b. "1024" height="683" alt="Unpacking"></a>

Perhaps a Geo in mild distress?

• Like Like x 3
  20. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dixeyk/6991667534/" title="Oh the humanity by dixeyk, on Flickr"> 6991667534_d1b231eb88_b. "1024" height="717" alt="Oh the humanity"></a>

• Like Like x 3