Mac OS Catalina.

Mike G

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike Gorman
Has anyone been brave enough to install Catalina yet?

I have and it seems OK, but then I'm a sucker for a new operating system. :bravo-009:

One thing I have noticed is that the trash has morphed into a Bin!

JonVdG

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jon
Yep, I just did and everything seems fine. I had Capture One Pro installed on Mojave and it's working perfectly on Catalina. Apple's Photos app received some minor updates, but RAW processing remains unchanged (which is a good thing because it's one of the best available). XnView MP is working great as well.

fStop16

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Erol
So far so good. Olympus Digital Updater is a 32 bit app, so it does not work. I think you have to use Olympus Workspace to update firmware. Correct me if I am wrong. I also lost Printshop 4, which is also 32 bit with no updates in sight. Although it won't be a great loss.

Hazza

Just Clicking
Real Name
Harry
I just did mine and it seems to be working fine. Only glitch was MS office doesn't work now, but then I had an old version and refuse to pay for the upgrade. No big deal, I just downloaded Open office and it works a treat. I don't use office software that much so no biggie :)

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Regarding Lightroom Classic: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-c...a-compatibility.html#Knowncompatibilityissues

Known compatibility issues
Adobe has discovered the compatibility issues listed below with running Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 with macOS 10.15 (Catalina).

Tether does not detect Nikon cameras
Lightroom is not able to detect Nikon cameras when the camera is turned ON after invoking the "Start Tether Capture..." command.
Workaround
First, make sure the camera is turned ON. Then, select File > Tethered Capture > Start Tether Capture.
We are working with Nikon to correct this problem.

Len Profile Creator does not run
The Lens Profile Creator is currently 32-bit, but we are investigating updating it to be a 64-bit utility.

Aristophanes

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Installed. Many have problems with their  ID in System Preferences requiring, logging out, rebooting, and logging back in.

The new Photos is excellent.

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
FYI: You can install macOS Mojave on a separate partition and use it to run 32-bit apps (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208891). I’m doing it for one app I may need infrequently. It’s not the most convenient as it requires restarting, but it’s good to at least have the option of keeping old apps alive.

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
I just backed everything up and am running a clean install overnight... will see how it goes tomorrow morning!

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
The major question for a lot of us is whether Olympus Workspace is broken. Shouldn't be...

Latest threads

Top Bottom