M43 vs FZ150

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Ig7, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Anyone here has any experience with both? Considering the new FZ200 will have the 2.8, what would be the advantage of getting the m43 system vs FZ200 for someone who is starting from scratch with no lenses? Strickly family/travel use
  2. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    The fz150 might do what you need,or the newer model- gives reasonable 6x4 prints & family keepsakes. Mu 4/3 will give better quality pics & low light the sensor is much bigger, all in one can work for some without e hassle of changing lenses
  3. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    I moved from a Panasonic superzoom to m4/3 three years ago. The jump in IQ is big, but I still used my FZ-18 until I got a longer tele lens. I was so comfortable with such versatility that I couldn't enjoy completely my new camera. Nowadays I don't touch the compact anymore.
  4. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I bought my husband the FZ47 (next model down from the FZ150) last year for Christmas. These cameras take surprisingly good photos. I gave a lot of thought to :43: vs the FZ47, and decided to go with the simpler, less involved camera. He's new to photography, and the last thing I wanted to do was spoil his enthusiasm with a camera too advanced to enjoy. I knew he'd be frustrated with having to change lenses to get the shot he wants, so a super zoom camera was perfect.
  5. dezignman

dezignman Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 4, 2012
    I have the FZ150 and I think it'a very nice camera for an all-in-one. It's light but not really that small with unexpected good optical quality for such a long range zoom, and good video. But, as already mentioned it's sensor size will not give the same IQ as a M4/3 camera. It has to be used within it's limitations which it does well for a larger point and shoot.
  6. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Thank you for sharing your opinions. I was thinking about getting the new fz200 for my daughter and also using it for the times I need the long reach instead of getting a second body and a 75-300 zoom. I hope the I can make up for the IQ difference by PP RAW
  7. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

Just wondering... is the FZ200 already out in the market?
  8. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    FZ200 is for sale by multiple vendors on amazon. Use the m43 link :).
  9. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

Nice! Will wait for it to arrive in my country. Hope to read full reviews of this camera before my trip to Cambodia in January. :)
  10. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I'm also interested in the FZ200. Thinking of selling my 14-150 and replacing it with this. Just have to wait for reviews.