1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

M43 Virgin

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by chonbhoy, Apr 23, 2013.

1. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Hi all,
    I finally bought a camera capable of taking lovely photos after dithering for too long, what finally made me decide on spending my hard earned cash, was the smaller m43 format and I love using the EM5 :2thumbs:

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Congrats on the new m4/3 camera and welcome to the forum! Post some images when you have a chance!

3. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Thanks and once I have worked out how to get them up I will share.

4. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Congrats! and share some photos... I wonder what will the other M43 users be called if you titled the thread M43 Virgin? :drinks:

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Good choice - welcome aboard! :cool:

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to some highland distillery photos...:biggrin:.

Someday I'm going to go to Scotland so that I can visit my money at the Johnnie Walker distillery.

Regards,

Jim

7. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Haha Jim nice, I enjoy the black stuff never tried the other more pricey varieties, great idea for a subject!!
    Cheers to everyone, this forums got great people.
    I haven't had the chance to upload anything yet cause of work, I took the card out with me so I could PP some shots and share but haven't found the time yet :(

8. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Depends. Guys like you with a whole bunch of bodies would be M43 Polycamists.

9. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    :biggrin:

Hmmm, so then people that play around with multiple brands/formats are swingers?

10. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I guess so. Or maybe bi-pic-tual? :redface:

11. 13thFloorPhotography

13thFloorPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Welcome to the family

12. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Here is my first photo share, I used Olympus Viewer 3 to convert from RAW/ORF after auto tone and barrel distortion adjustment, I would of used LR4 but for some reason the RAW files don't show up. I aint sure what the best way to do PP cause I like the simple barrel distortion feature in OV3 but I think the rest is better in LR4, pity im having problems with it seeing the ORF files.

I was out in the country and seen this kinda menacing sky when I grabbed the camera for a shot :smile: I don't mind criticism so fire away.
    I had to laugh at the swinging and bi-pic-tual :tongue:

8680999261_cae8c42b85_b.
    P4200209 by k34n3r, on Flickr

13. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    My guess is that you may need to update. I believe RAW support for the E-M5 was added in v4.1, so if you are running an earlier version the RAW images won't import. You should be able to download a free update of the latest version from Adobe's website.

14. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    As for the image, you're not making it easy on yourself by shooting straight into the sun, but the image is actually pretty well exposed. It's got a bit too much of a blue tint to it for my liking, but the composition with the foreground fence gives it some nice lines.

15. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Thanks I was not sure about the final image I will re-post as shot to see and I shot one with only a fraction of the sun in the frame also Im terrible at making decisions ;)

16. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    M4/3 Multiamorists, surely. Or M4/3 Polyphiles.

(mixing latin and greek roots bugs my language nerd side)

17. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    How does this look when cropped, i played around with exposure and what not, can't remember exactly and i didn't think the as shot was worth posting because the foreground is too dark but the clouds looked good, I think Ill get some grad filters some time in the near future once i've got the hang of the kit i've already got.

P4200208 by k34n3r, on Flickr