COMPLETED M43-Size Gitzo Tripod and Head

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by oldracer, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Gitzo G226 "Reporter Compact Peformance" travel tripod. IMHO this is the best of the Gitzo aluminum travel tripods because it has the shortest folded length at just 17.3"/44cm. Maximum height is a very usable 58.5"/149cm and weight is minimal at 4.3#/2.2kg. The threaded stud is reversible, 3/8" or 1/4"

[​IMG]

I think the current model equivalent is the G1226. The main difference appears to be that the leg stops on this one are the original metal, which have subsequently replaced with plastic.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Gitzo G1276M offset ball head. Note that the design allows a lot more camera movement than the more conventional ball heads. Magnesium for light weight, this is the head Gitzo recommends for the G2xx series tripods.

The quick-release on the head features an automatic lock when you snap the camera plate into the socket. Once locked, a safety lock prevents your camera from being dumped if the release lever is bumped. Very nice system. (This is in contrast to the Arca-Swiss style systems where the plate must be slid into place and is not locked until you tighten a screw.)

[​IMG][​IMG]

The package includes a field case with a leather bottom and shoulder strap plus a padded overcase for use if you check it as baggage.

Both items are in excellent condition with no functional defects. The tripod has a few paint chips on the legs and the head has one hard-to-spot rub mark.

I put this package together for a recent trip to Africa at a cost of around $350, but I have decided that traveling with a tripod is just not my thing. Asking $250 plus shipping by your choice of method and any PayPal fees. US Postal money order or a personal check (held for a week or so for clearance) are fine for payment.

I will entertain offers if the kit is not sold after a few days of listing.

2. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Bump. Will separate the head and the tripod if you like. Make an offer. A few more days here and both go on eBay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.