M43 Rumours (FT4) - New EM1.2 firmware update coming soon.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
You didn't have to mention that MS Windows 10 thing. The first 1809 update totally trashed my computer to where it wouldn't even boot into the OS. I knew something was up as it began to delete files and programs, but totally killing it with a boot up screen saying "You must reinstall Windows" was too much. Cloud Backup is a joke if you cannot even access it.

And now their second 1809 version is acting up. It already deleted 5 desktop icons and I don't know what they were. Defender Firewall isn't working either where it used too prior to this 1809 II thing. Their Fit-It tool for the Defender Firewall doesn't work either. Might have to roll back to 1803.

On the Olympus E-M.2, I wish they'd fix the white balance so it agrees with the color temperature meter on CWB/Manual white balance. It's 1,000K off and giving me blue cards instead of gray cards. Least the Nikon agrees with the color meter, but not Olympus.
I was really refering to the MS OS prior to Windows 7. Once I istalled one of their video updates, only to find it did not work and there was no rollback, so had to wait 3 weeks for a working update.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
The new update will give the camera a dynamic range of 15 stops, handheld hi res shots at any exposure, low light noise is completely eliminated, and add cellphone capabilty! Also the most innovative feature is sure to be 'the one lens solution' to be used with the secret new lens. It will allow the user to pick any focal length and aperature using this new lens. This is a breakthrough in software developement that will also show sharp images from the molecular level on up to a 50,000 times enlargement. Olympus just wanted to give pixel peepers a truly exciting experience.
This information was gathered from very reliable sources and at great expense!
Got that already, but it broke and Olympus cannot fix it until the next update.

dlentini

Mu-43 Regular
Hopefully there is more improvements then to support the new rumored lenses.

I take any improvement in C-AF especially in video mode!

For me it is fine to have some features that is only available in raw, that you have to use your computer to process.

JDS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David Schultz
It could be done with a compound IBIS system. All you would need is an inner motion control system that moves just enough to shift the pixels. Maybe only two axis are needed for this part. The inner mechanism contains the sensor and is mounted inside a 5 axis IBIS mechanism. The outer system stabilizes the sensor and inner mechanism. I thought about this shortly after I got my EM1 Mkii. I am very curious.
I think you're over thinking it: the camera has sensors that tell movement and the data to tell how far to move for the high-res, if the processor is fast enough its just a calculation. The current IBIS is obviously capable of doing it, I'm sure the key is all in the new, fast processor.

whumber

Mu-43 Top Veteran
On the Olympus E-M.2, I wish they'd fix the white balance so it agrees with the color temperature meter on CWB/Manual white balance. It's 1,000K off and giving me blue cards instead of gray cards. Least the Nikon agrees with the color meter, but not Olympus.

Just curious, have you tried turning off "Keep Warm Color"?

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Just curious, have you tried turning off "Keep Warm Color"?

Yes. It's a defect with both the E-M1.2 and Pen-F.

CWB/Manual White Balance is off in both cameras, and non-linear as well. In warm light, e.g. <3K, it's okay and color meter agrees, but going up into the blue it goes way off. Scale below is how it tracks against the Sekonic and Gossen color meters. The two Nikons are spot on.

Kelvin-Correction-Scale.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom