M43 portrait lense...

Y

Yves D.

Hi,

On my wish list, i would love a portrait lense from Panasonic. Something like the Nikon 50 1.8 for example. (Or maybe the 85 1.8.) That would result in a nice 100mm 1.8 portrait lense for my Gf1. Pankake? Well, why not. Under 500$? yes please.
Any chance that i might see my wishes come true? In 2010? 2011?

I'm sure i'm not the only one in that boat. ;-)

Yves

M

mabelsound

May I recommend the Olympus-Pen Zuiko 60mm f/1.5? I think these are some of the best adapted lenses you can put on an m4/3 camera. The 40/1.4 is also excellent, and much cheaper.

sebastel

Mu-43 Regular
i am extremely happy with the ZM C-Sonnar 1.5/50mm. unfortunately, not really on the cheap side, and you need to count in a leica M adapter.

cheers, sebastian

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I too want a native :43:, fast-ish autofocus portrait lens more than any other right now. A 50/1.8 would suit me very well. I like my Nokton 50/1.5, but it doesn't focus very close, and I miss having AF!

I have a feeling that we'll see one from Olympus before we see one from Panasonic, but maybe I just feel that way because of my affection for some of the old Olympus OM portrait lenses.

Ben

Mu-43 Regular
I really like my Konica Hexanon 40mm F1.8. It's a nice pancake lens and adapted (by the eBay seller) for four thirds. Think I paid about USD 60 for it.

A micro four thirds pancake style 40mm lens would be lovely! 28, 40 and 80 equivalent and I'm done.

Y

Yves D.

I too want a native :43:, fast-ish autofocus portrait lens more than any other right now. A 50/1.8 would suit me very well. I like my Nokton 50/1.5, but it doesn't focus very close, and I miss having AF!

I have a feeling that we'll see one from Olympus before we see one from Panasonic, but maybe I just feel that way because of my affection for some of the old Olympus OM portrait lenses.

Let's hope there is one in the oven at Panasonic.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
The problem is, with the PL 45mm f2.8... will Panasonic make another lens so similar in spec?

I'd love to see a fast 60mm prime lens for portraits. My Hexanon 57 mm f1.2 is absolutely beautiful... a fast focusing, native m4/3rds version would be a dream!

Cheers

Brian

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
The problem is, with the PL 45mm f2.8... will Panasonic make another lens so similar in spec?

I'd love to see a fast 60mm prime lens for portraits. My Hexanon 57 mm f1.2 is absolutely beautiful... a fast focusing, native m4/3rds version would be a dream!

Agree... with the 45mm f/2.8 in existence, an offering of something like a 50-55 f/2 or so seems somewhat unlikely. :frown: But that's what I would want to have as well, something like 50-55mm at f/2 with IS would be a slam dunk purchase for me. f/2 would be a slight compromise from f/1.7 in favor of minimizing form factor and weight.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have a Nikkor 50/1.8, Nikkor S 55mm/1.2 and a FD 50/1.4 that i am going to try once I get the adapters - Although I am not expecting "great things" from what I have read - but maybe the FD will surprise me

plus a NAI Nikkor 50/1.4
Will all the Nikkor MF lenses work as long as they have aperture rings - even the pre AI , (NAI), ones - anyone tried these?

plus an M mount Voigtlander 35/1.7 RF lens and a couple of late 50s 5cm Elmar collapsables - again anyone tried these - do the collapsables get too near the sensor, (once they are collapsed?), or does the adapter mount have enough clearance?

Anyone tried any of these yet?

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Yes, all of your Nikkor MF lenses will work perfectly with an adapter. I sold my 50mm f1.4 and Micro Nikkor 60mm f2.8 - wish I hadn't now!

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I still use my NAI (but AIed), Micro Nikkor P 55mm 3.5 Macro for lots of close up stuff.
They are really good value off Ebay - but I have had mine for years

Presumably the Nikon AF G lenses will NOT work but the AF D lenses WILL

Chinese Nikon to M43 adapter is on the way so I can "have a go"

I am looking for a 400mm Nikon MF prime - (500mm if I could afford it?)

Elliot

Mu-43 Regular
Novoflex adapters for nikkor g lenses

I have a few Nikon manual lenses that work fine with the voigtlander adapters. Also have Carl Zeiss lenses which also are incredible. They have F mounts.

for G series lenses the Novoflex adapter allows the use of G lenses which have no aperture rings. It allows use of apertures.

Latest threads

Top Bottom