1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

M43 confession

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by peterpix, Sep 30, 2012.

1. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    I replied to a post awhile ago about trying out an EM-5. Didn't feel right in my hand, I wrote, probably not for me, I'll stick with my EP3!

Well, I saw a slightly used EM-5 on Ebay and, you guessed it, I caved and now have a new camera and also flipped out again and got the Panni 12-35, when the price dropped $200. Wow, what a combination this camera and lens make; I probably don't need some of the other m43s lenses I have. Camera feels solid but not heavy, controls are simple and intuitive even without reading the "wonderful" manual.

Goodbye EP3 and goodbye Canon 5DMKII and lenses that I have been using to make a 70 minute documentary. See farming101film.com. Some of the footage from the film is from my GH2 that is also going to be replaced.

Hopefully the Canon sale will generate enough to cover my impulsive new purchases! What a great time to be a photographer. I know cameras don't make photographers, but when you have been making images as long as I have, a new piece of equipment gets the juices flowing again. And besides, I'm helping to boost the economy!

• Like Like x 5
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thank you, Peter, for your efforts to support our economy! I am doing my part as well... just received my 12-35 yesterday under the rebate deal. Really excited to try this combo out, and looking forward to winter sports this season.

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi
    I also had similar reaction but I am in love with this camera.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    You try and you try and you try - and still, it gets you in the end! :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek:

5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    resistance is futile! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    Yes it and I'ma happy camper! Now to get the grip!

7. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    It seems the E-m5 tends to grow on people the more it is used!