m42-m4/3 adaptor fix

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by tamim, Jul 4, 2012.

1. tamim

tamim Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 21, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Tamim
    I bought e generic m42-m4/3 adapter off ebay to try out the helios 44m-6 58mm that I bought recently as well. When I tried putting the adapter on my E-PL1 (that I also bought very recently) there was no distinct click like it does with other lenses and the camera aperture was shut off completely as I could shoot nothing. I read on a separate thread that Livnus was having the same problem and was asking around whether he should buy another adapter. At first I thought the problem was with the machined hole on the adapter onto which the lens release pin snaps into. I made that hole a lot deeper just by using a small screw driver and scratching up the hole(metal dust seemed to be coming off pretty easily). After some scratching it was clear that the hole was not the problem. Then I saw this small screw on the adapter rim and I tried loosening up the screw enough to make it flush with the outside edge of the adapter rim.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9626&thumb=1.

Finally a shot with the Helios ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=9627&thumb=1.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.