M42 Fujinon 55mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jorg.S, May 31, 2012.

1. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

So the other day I was going through some boxes with older camera equipment in it as I was looking for a filter I thought that was in there.
    I came across this lens in wonderful shape and didn't even know that I had one. :big grin:
    So I went and ordered me a adapter from Amazon right away in the hopes of testing the lens out.
    I hope the mail hurries up and maybe I can try it this weekend.

Anyway I don't know much if anything about this lens and there is also not much about it on the web.
    I found some for sale but the prices are all over the place all the way up to over $400.00.

Does anybody have some knowledge about this lens and it's performance?
    And maybe also an idea of what it is worth too.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

3. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    I have one of these and really like it, of course it is a matter of preference as to whether you like the rendition it gives. But they are cheap - forty dollars, not four hundred !
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

Ah thank you blue.
    The $40 range sounds much more right to me then that $400 I came across lol don't get me wrong I wish it was worth that much especially since I didn't know I had one.

Would you have some sample shots you took with this lens for my viewing pleasure and for giving me a idea of what I'm waiting on and what to expect.

5. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    For $400-, I'd happily sell mine :).

The Fujinon's are nice and sharp. The EBC is for their best multi-coating, not sure if not having means it's only single coated, or just not the best coatings.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

Here is a quick snap I took with this lens.
    Wish I had more time to take pictures but i didn't.
  7. Phoropter

Phoropter Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    I have a Fuji M42 55/1.8 and it doesn't have a stop down lever on it. The only stop down is the pin in the back.
  8. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

Yes that is how mine is too.
    But it works fine with my adapter, when you screw it into the adapter it pushes the little pin in and you can set the aperture.

I bought my adapter on Amazon from Rainbow imaging for $15.00
  9. ryansinibaldi

ryansinibaldi Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

Ryan they look really good.