OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Yeah, the e-mail came pretty much at the same time. I hadn't realised that anyone else had approached RJ for just this adapter. Great to see him make it and I'm waiting for his T and/or M42 mount RMS microscope lens adapter.

Cheers

Ray

Richard W

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, the e-mail came pretty much at the same time. I hadn't realised that anyone else had approached RJ for just this adapter. Great to see him make it and I'm waiting for his T and/or M42 mount RMS microscope lens adapter.

Cheers

Ray

Ray, I didn't approach RJ but I'm glad you did. I have just ordered a set. It is an obvious advantage to only need 1 set of macro rings which can be used with any lens in manual setting.

It is great that someone like RJ will respond to a need/request like this.

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Did I read the price right? At less than $40 it seems almost too good to be true!

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Great to see people ordering the tubes, it means that we're likely to get more attention for other accessories as time goes on.

Cheers

Ray

chrisppc

New to Mu-43
Hi,

Are the new m3/4 lenses able to focus manualy with those tubes? i think my panasonic lenses need power so that the focus ring works.

thanks
Chris

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Unfortunately, no. These tubes should really be used with manual lenses, the only exception being the 4/3s 14-35mm which has manual focusing.

Cheers

Ray

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
WOW...
So I can mount my Leica M mount lenses (or any lens I have an ??>m43)... Just mount the M>m43 adapter on the lens end of x-tube...??

I think that was answered at the bottom of the page were the Q/A section is...

I just ordered a set that I will use with my ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar..... :2thumbs:
Perfect solution for a macro lens on the cheap side..

Mu-43 Legend
Any one have any results with this set yet?

Also, if I used the extension tubes with my 50mm OM macro, would I get even MORE than 1:1?

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
Any one have any results with this set yet?

Also, if I used the extension tubes with my 50mm OM macro, would I get even MORE than 1:1?
Yes, you should...

With my 35mm I should get about 1.7x with 50mm of extension. But, it will be very close to the subject.

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi,

Are the new m3/4 lenses able to focus manualy with those tubes? i think my panasonic lenses need power so that the focus ring works.

thanks
Chris

No, you won't be able to focus, but for macro you don't need focus anyway. You can focus by moving the camera back and forth. With a m4/3 lens you can pre-set the aperture you want on the lens while it's normally attached (DOF preview at the desired aperture, then remove the lens while in preview mode). Then you could attach the lens to the end of these extension tubes and use it for macro work. You'd lose the benefit of in-camera corrections and EXIF information, but the 20/1.7 is a superb macro lens so it's worth it. With the full tubes you should get something close to 2.5:1 magnification on the 20/1.7 lens.

Latest threads

Top Bottom