1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

m4/3rd adapter for old slide duplicator.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MarkoPolo, Apr 22, 2014.

1. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    After reading the previous thread I dug through old camera stuff and found a Cambron zoom slide duplicator from the 1980's, It would take universal mount adapters and has a Pentax bayonet adapter on it now. Can anyone give me a source for m4/3 adapter that would fit my Oly EM-1?. I wonder if it is the old 42mm Pentax thread as it's base configuration. Thanks!

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    If it was meant to be adapted to various mounts it's probably a T-mount. T-mount to m43 adapters are readily available.

If I remember correctly, T-mount has the same 42mm diameter as M42, but a different thread.

Remember, if you want to copy 35mm slides, you want only 1:2 magnification, not 1:1.

Fred

3. Jeff1:1

Jeff1:1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Chicago
    Probably a T-mount. It's made for FF so it will be 2X on m4/3 - only half the slide will be visible (zoomed in). Personally I started shooting slides with my Sony A33 & slide duplicator for it, but it wasn't worth my time. It's free, but paying 45 cents a slide/per 100 slides was better use of my time. The process was more time consuming than I thought, two evenings and I only got 85 slides done, doing 2200 more wasn't worth it to me.

4. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

5. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, T mount is what I was trying to remember. This will zoom to 1:2.5 so I think it will work.

6. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    A follow up on the Cambron Zoom Slide Duplicator. I got a m4/3 T mount adapter and installed it. Well it works, sort of! It is out of focus unless I zoom out to 2.5 and that only covers a very small portion of the slide. I occurs to me that this was designed for full frame size cameras and the m4/3 sensor is just too small. At any rate, it only cost $18 US to find out:rolleyes: