M4/3 picture published in local newspaper

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ajramirez, May 12, 2010.

1. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Hope this does not seem silly or presumptuous. I wanted to share with you that yesterday four of my photographs were published in El Nuevo Día, which is Puerto Rico´s largest circulation daily newspaper.

The photographs were published as part of an article about an exhibit at the Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Puerto Rico (Contemporary Art Museum) titled “Careos/Relevos: 25 años del Museo de Arte Contemporáneo." A workshop titled “Taller Vivo” (Live Shop) is being held as part of the exhibit. The workshop involves the participation of a group of emerging artists and curators, who have selected works from the Museum´s collection, to enter into a dialogue or debate with, and create art in real time while visitors to the museum watch.

On this occasion, the invited artist was the Puerto Rican architect and graphic designer Javier Román. The art work with which Mr. Roman debated was a piece titled “Colisión” (Collision) by Lope Max Díaz. I was asked by the Museum to photograph the exhibit and Mr. Román at work.

The picture on the upper left hand side of the article is of Colisión. The artist is shown at work on the lower right hand side. The two remaining pictures are of the exhibit. The paper did not include picture credits.

The picture of the artist was taken with the Olympus E-P1 and the 20mm Lumix. The remaining pictures were taken with a Canon EOS 50D and either the 17-40mmL or the 10-22mm. I had previously posted the picture of the artist at work in the Weekly Image Quest - Caught in the Act Gallery.

Here´s the picture:

2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    fantastic , i think your work sings as well as the subjects of the article

, your pensive black and white depiction of the creative process in action is as artful and profound as any art depicted i think

you are part of the "collision" yourself Antonio
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Stars collide and we get caught up in the shower of light, the richer for it.

Saw your work on this earlier this week Antonio, and was spellbound. Bravo!

Bokeh Diem
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Well done Antonio.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Congratulations Antonio, this is truly inspiring :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Thank you all very much. I truly appreciate your extremely kind comments.

7. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Congrats! The picture of the artist is very good.

Why!? Hope they paid you good.
  8. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    The pictures were taken for the museum. The museum does not pay me for the pictures, but I get credit every time they are used. The museum submitted the pictures to the paper, with credits, but the paper did not include them.

9. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Excellent! Well done my friend.
  10. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    Congratulations Antonio, great job.
  11. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Well done. Great shots and happy that m4/3 can be used by people like you.