M4/3 Pancakes! Tell me about them.

So sorry about you losing your camera. A bad dream for any of us.

I just bought a 12-40 again, after selling my original one and missing it. But, I wasn't missing it because of the manual focus clutch. Yes, I found the clutch quite handy, but I usually use S-AF+MF or C-AF+MF, so if I get close with AF, I can fine tune with MF. The 12-45 is quite a bit lighter and smaller than the 12-40, and especially if you were thinking of replacing the EM1.2 with a EM5.3, the 12-45 would be a good match.
Yeah, the camera piece is something I haven't quite decided yet. I'm still praying that it gets found. I'm on day 4, and two emails from the airports saying they haven't found it yet. Right now I'm leaning slightly towards another EM1.2 as prices have dropped significantly on them, and I know it's a great camera. The 5.3 for its parity with the 1.2, and the 1.3 for some of the new features both look good too...

I just bought a 12-40 again, after selling my original one and missing it. But, I wasn't missing it because of the manual focus clutch. Yes, I found the clutch quite handy, but I usually use S-AF+MF or C-AF+MF, so if I get close with AF, I can fine tune with MF.
And thanks for the comment on the lens too. Guess I'm leaning slightly towards getting this one again too. It's a lens I know I'm very happy with besides the weight and probably still deserves a spot. I've seen them used for about the same price as the 12-45mm new, so it's not really a money thing.

Think I may have told you before, but I lived in Mililani for almost ten years. Lots of great spots for photography on Oahu.

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Yep, I lost mine once for over a week. That BCL can hide anywhere!
I have misplaced mine for several years now, I may end up getting a new one soon.

I have used the 12-32 along with the 35-100 F:4-56 for going on five years and neither of those are going anywhere, bought a 20mm last week to see how that fares and am somewhat keen to get hold of the 14 mm as well for trials and tribulations. Just bought a second hand GX1 with delivery this day, and will pair that up with the pancakes and see what the combo can do, as a clunker EDC camera. Rather stunned over perceived build quality and size. :thumbup:

beameup

Mu-43 Regular
I have the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 and the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 and prefer them on my Olympus E-M5 ii & E-M1. The both are incredible bargains IMO. I also have the two body-cap lenses and 45mm Olympus.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The 14 f2.5 has a great extra capability- the GWC-1 wide-angle lens attachment. It's a little like having a wide to very wide-angle zoom, although in fairness the converter does basically double the size & weight. But there's just something fun about that combo- I just wish there was a way to replace the lens cap for the GWC-1. I'm using a lid from a plastic food container that fits perfectly, but looks ridiculous.
If you like the 14+WA converter, you should take a very close look at this. 10mm f/2. It's very reasonably priced, and no larger than the 14mm+WA (I have that combo too)
10 vs 14.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom