m4/3 does theater

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ajramirez, May 31, 2010.

1. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Earlier this year, my band (Simples Mortales) was engaged to participate as the stage band in a production of the John Mitchell Cameron and Steven Trask musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The production will go on stage in San Juan on June 10th - 13th.

Hedwig is actually a peculiar musical because of the subject matter, and also because the band is on stage with the actors, rather than in a pit below.

At the start of rehearsals, I explained to the director that I was an avid amateur photographer, and asked if he would mind if I took photographs during rehearsals. He agreed.

I must say that m4/3 was made for this. The camera is so small and unobtrusive, that most of the time the actors would not notice my taking of photographs.

These are some of my favorites, so far. All taken with my E-P1, 20mm and 45mm Lumix. No flash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest can be seen in my "Hedwig" album in my personal albums.

Regards,

Antonio

• Like Like x 4
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    as usual , very powerful stuff

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Very cool, Antonio - and I haven't even looked at your personal gallery yet. It would be so great if you could sneak a few video clips in...so we could see and hear.:thumbup: