M4/3 Adapters with tripod mounts

Paul C

Mu-43 Regular
Adapting Manual telephotos to M4/3

Can I ask the collective wisom of the MU43 readership their experience with tripod mount adapters for manual lenses?

These devices should be ideal for our purpose in getting the maximum use out of heavier legacy lenses; taking the strain from the camera and putting the tripod mount nearer the centre of balance of the lens/camera combination.

here are just 2 of the many designs available on well-known selling websites:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There are several web-postings that complain that rigidity is low, that the tripod mount has snapped off.....are these the collected wisdom ot the WWW or a minority of unlucky photographers?

So --- Have any of you found a good M4/3 adapter brand that keeps a moderately heavy lens rigid on the tripod while safely mounting legacy lenses from Olympus, Pentax, Nikon et al - and retaining infinity focus?

I'm not looking for advice the "metabones-type" lens-including adapter - just those inexpensive basic ones that turn old 135mm and 200mm lenses into tomorrow's "super-telephoto" on an M4/3 camera while sparing damage to a precious and lightweight M4/3 camera.

Thanks as always - Paul C

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
old 135mm and 200mm lenses into tomorrow's "super-telephoto" on an M4/3 camera while sparing damage to a precious and lightweight M4/3 camera.
Hi, a 135mm is unlikely to be too heavy for the camera mount (even an f/2.0).

My 200mm f/3.5 lens is 775g, which is not really heavier than the 40-150Pro (which I have been known to hang unsupported off the camera).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom