M4/3 5-10 years from now

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Razer, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    As we all know which each new generation of camera things always get better be it bodies, features, sensor & lenses

How do you see m4/3 going in the future, & what would you like to see.
  2. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Sensors that are half the size but good enough to create the same quality as full frame high end cameras and to have the sensor equiv to full frame so 20mm means 20mm!
  3. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    My personal wishlist is for pancake-sized AF lenses that represent standards available in full frame such as an equivalent to a wide 14 f/2.8, 35 f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 135 f/2.

I'd also like a better EVF, quicker AF, and better IQ.

And all for a cheaper price. :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alan Wolf

Alan Wolf Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    yea, the future!

I'm sure we'll be discussing the holographic aberations that the various sensors have, ever since Exacta re-entered the market with their multi phased ultra wide spectrum full dimension system. Cankon (as the recently merged company came to be called) was able to put a small holo projector in their DM43 series, but early testers complained that when using it the battery life only allowed 17,000 images between recharges, so the market didn't respond that well. There is also some debate about whether it's necessary to have more than 12 Giga pixel resolution, and a rumor that Leica may be joining the micro 4/3 format any month now.