1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

M39 (Leica LTM) Adapter with adjustments?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by simonz, Jul 13, 2011.

1. simonz

simonz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    New England
    I purchased a M39->M43 adapter from Rainbowimaging and when I put my Jupiter 8 lens on, the numbering for F stops are on the right side of the lens and not on top. The Rainbowimaging M39 adapter has no adjustments for orientation. Also, the photo on the Fotodiox web site for their M39 adapter looks like it doesn't have adjustments either.

I read somewhere that M39 adapters are available with adjustments so that the lens can be positioned with the numbering in the correct orientation.

Does anyone know of a (reasonable) M39 adapter with adjustments?

2. geoffox23

geoffox23 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 5, 2010
    Brisbane. Australia
    I have a two-piece Pixco M39 adapter with 3 locking screws to allow rotation of the lens.

Because this adapter is used with only one particular lens, I have successfully loosened and re-tightened the tiny screws for one adjustment, but I doubt they will stand up to repeated use.

My other excellent adapter came from ciecio7 in Poland, with larger allen head screws, but I am unsure if he still sells these adapters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. simonz

simonz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    New England
    Just what I'm looking for. I ordered two of PIXCO adapters from a dealer in Hong Kong. I'll dedicate one to each of my M39 lenses.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Damn, I'm picking up a Rainbow Imaging M39LTM - M4/3 mount adapter from my colleague this morning, to fit my Jupiter-3. I hope I don't have big orientation problems, but I may look into those PIXCO adapters if I can. At least I'll be able to use the lens now! :D

5. simonz

simonz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    New England
    A correction on my original post. I just received a M39 mount lens that I purchased and with it came with a Fotodiox M39 adapter. This adapter actually does have 3 set screws to adjust the rotation of the lens. With that said, I don't know if the current Fotodiox adapters have those adjustments.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I picked up my Rainbow Imaging adapter today. It says Fotosay on it, and sadly it does leave the lens markings on the side with no adjustment. Oh well, the lens is still great to play with, and it's not like I don't have to put in a lot of extra time and care when using such a legacy lens anyways.

jupiter-3_web.
    jupiter-3_2_web.