M.Zuiko 9-18mm and LH-55B hood.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by qwall, Oct 13, 2010.

1. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    I am wondering if anyone has had success attaching the LH-55B hood to the M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens with a filter installed. I've tried to attach the hood with the filter in place but the hood won't fit over the filter. I have to remove the filter, attach the hood, then replace the filter. The filter is a B+W 52MM XS-PRO UV HAZE MRC. Thanks.

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    The hood is a good tight fit, so (like most lenses) I leave it on all the time myself. It is quite small as far as hoods go though!

3. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    I agree, the lens is very compact even with the hood. I was just curious if it was normal or if my filter was a bit too big. I've only had the lens a day and I am already very impressed. I look forward to using it in northern AZ on vacation next week.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I will try and remember to give it a quick try tomorrow morning then!

5. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    Thanks.

6. elshaneo

elshaneo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have the Hoya 52mm Pro1 Digital UV filter, and I don't get the same problem as yours, I guess that your B+W filter is a bit bigger than the Hoya filter I use.

7. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    elshaneo, thanks for the information. I got the slim XS-PRO because I was concerned with vignetting. I assume you don't get any vignetting with the Pro1 Digital.

8. elshaneo

elshaneo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    qwall, the Hoya 52mm Pro1 Digital UV filter is also slim, and I don't see any problems with vignetting.

I also bought Hoya 52mm Pro1 Digital Circular Polarizer filter which is not as slim as the UV filter, and I don't get any vignetting problems too, and also no problems with attaching or removing the lens hood :smile:

9. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    Thanks for all the info. A polarizer is my next filter purchase, so good to know the Pro1 Circular Polarizer works without any issues.

10. elshaneo

elshaneo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
  11. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    Thanks, I will check it out indeed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.