M.Zuiko 9-18mm and LH-55B hood.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by qwall, Oct 13, 2010.

1. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    I am wondering if anyone has had success attaching the LH-55B hood to the M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens with a filter installed. I've tried to attach the hood with the filter in place but the hood won't fit over the filter. I have to remove the filter, attach the hood, then replace the filter. The filter is a B+W 52MM XS-PRO UV HAZE MRC. Thanks.

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    The hood is a good tight fit, so (like most lenses) I leave it on all the time myself. It is quite small as far as hoods go though!

3. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    I agree, the lens is very compact even with the hood. I was just curious if it was normal or if my filter was a bit too big. I've only had the lens a day and I am already very impressed. I look forward to using it in northern AZ on vacation next week.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I will try and remember to give it a quick try tomorrow morning then!

5. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
  6. elshaneo

elshaneo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have the Hoya 52mm Pro1 Digital UV filter, and I don't get the same problem as yours, I guess that your B+W filter is a bit bigger than the Hoya filter I use.

7. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    elshaneo, thanks for the information. I got the slim XS-PRO because I was concerned with vignetting. I assume you don't get any vignetting with the Pro1 Digital.

8. elshaneo

elshaneo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    qwall, the Hoya 52mm Pro1 Digital UV filter is also slim, and I don't see any problems with vignetting.

I also bought Hoya 52mm Pro1 Digital Circular Polarizer filter which is not as slim as the UV filter, and I don't get any vignetting problems too, and also no problems with attaching or removing the lens hood :smile:

9. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    Thanks for all the info. A polarizer is my next filter purchase, so good to know the Pro1 Circular Polarizer works without any issues.

10. elshaneo

elshaneo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
  11. qwall

qwall New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2010
    California
    Thanks, I will check it out indeed.