M.zuiko 40-150 $150

ABCDave

Mu-43 Rookie
I just checked, and the following MicroCenter stores have the lens in stock.
[...snip...]
TX - Houston/West Loop - 2 in stock
[...snip...]
Hope this helps,

Otto...
Make that 1 left in stock at the TX location. :)

I can confirm the experiences of others on this thread. Brand new, unopened, warranty card, and $299.99 sticker still on the box. Half-off? Couldn't be happier! I really needed a telephoto m43 lens, too!

Many thanks, WJW59 for the tip!

WJW59

Mu-43 Veteran
Make that 1 left in stock at the TX location. :)

I can confirm the experiences of others on this thread. Brand new, unopened, warranty card, and $299.99 sticker still on the box. Half-off? Couldn't be happier! I really needed a telephoto m43 lens, too!

Many thanks, WJW59 for the tip!
You're welcome. I must admit when I stumbled across this I expected to get an email saying "sorry, wrong price and not happening." I had previously purchased a 40-150 for me and it was $219+ on sale and I thought that was a super deal.

I just hope my niece appreciates the lens. :smile:

UnivTex34

Mu-43 Regular
Just got mine, it was initially backordered.... very nice lens...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ninja

Mu-43 Regular
I got an email from Micro Center saying they have shipped the lens. FedEX anticipated delivery next Wed. I am not sure whether this is a new shipment or one I had requested they ship to me from Houston (I am in Texas).

@UnivTex34 Nice pix...you just had to slip the tower in there, didn't you? :)

What is the flower in the second image? I particularly like that. It is very nicely done.

Cheers

WT21

Super Moderator
Anyone know how this compares to the 14-150 (ignoring the focal length differences -- I mean more in color and contrast, and I guess sharpness across the comparable ranges). At $150, it might be worth picking up.

UnivTex34

Mu-43 Regular
I got an email from Micro Center saying they have shipped the lens. FedEX anticipated delivery next Wed. I am not sure whether this is a new shipment or one I had requested they ship to me from Houston (I am in Texas).

@UnivTex34 Nice pix...you just had to slip the tower in there, didn't you? :)

What is the flower in the second image? I particularly like that. It is very nicely done.

Cheers
you do see my username right?? It also happens to be the building I work in...

The flower is a waterlilly flower...

Ninja

Mu-43 Regular
you do see my username right?? It also happens to be the building I work in...

The flower is a waterlilly flower...
I sure did and figured you probably spend a good bit of time somewhere nearby.

The angle/point of view of the water lilly is very unusual in that it is usually difficult to get that low around them. Is the water lilly in the campus area?

:thumbup:

UnivTex34

Mu-43 Regular
I sure did and figured you probably spend a good bit of time somewhere nearby.

The angle/point of view of the water lilly is very unusual in that it is usually difficult to get that low around them. Is the water lilly in the campus area?

Actually, the picture of the tower, and the waterlilly were taken not 5 feet from each other....

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Update!

It appears the lens has been removed from the store's main webpage, meaning those who could order online only and received the backorder notice are likely out of luck. That was the bad news. The good news is this: my local store (here in MN) was out of stock last week, however when I checked this afternoon, there was 1 in stock showing! I ordered it, received the notice it was ready and picked it up this evening.

While I was there I took a look in their camera section and well let me back up abit...

The better news is this: Microcenter is kind of the last bastion of brick and mortar, hole in the wall, computer/electronics businesses (bestbuy has shunned the hole in the wall aesthetic for high retail prices and well, what is left after that? Fry's I guess, but they aren't in our area of the country). Microcenter I think competes on price by remaining a relatively dumpy store with little service (kinda like surfing and buying on the internet) and a ton of stock, which isn't necessarily tracked particularly well. Case in point - after I had picked up the supposed last store stock lens (MN now has no listed stock online), there was one sitting right in the camera case still in the box. Moral of that story? If you have the means, go to or call the store - if you try hard enough they might stumble upon one or two that aren't even in their inventory!

As of 12:15AM Central time the following stores are still showing at least one lens in stock:

Kansas City/Overland Park
Saint Louis/Brentwood
Long Island/Westbury
Yonkers
Northeast Ohio/Mayfield Heights
Cincinnati/Sharonville
Houston/West Loop

WT21

Super Moderator
I just tried ordering one from the web store from the direct link in one of the earlier posts. The item still shows up from the direct link, though you can't seem to find it from searching. We'll see if it actually shows up.

billy_pilgrim

Mu-43 Regular
I had a family member pick one up in Cambridge and send it to me. I got to try it out at an air show yesterday and I'm very happy with it!

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Checked the site this morning and it is back to full price, and like was stated above, only found with a direct link to the page. Hopefully the back orders will go through!

WT21

Super Moderator
They probably weren't expecting this run. My guess (and nothing more than a guess) -- the lens wasn't moving, and m43 wasn't moving. They decided to discount to clear stock. The new Pens came out, and now everyone is interested (especially with that new fast focus) and they got caught!

I have an e-mail back-order acknowledgment. I hope I get mine!

Ninja

Mu-43 Regular
Very nicely done!

I enjoy air shows and taking pix at them, but there are starting to be problems with my backpack case (due to "security") and I was looking forward to trying this lens.

Thanks for posting these images.

Cheers

Ninja

Mu-43 Regular
Got Mine!

FedEX just dropped off my M.Zuiko 40-150mm and the paperwork shows "the right price".

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I've kept my online order in place even though I was able to find one locally - if I end up receiving it I suppose I'll have to pass it on to another member!

robertro

Mu-43 Veteran
Well, if anyone buys one that they don't want, I'll be happy to buy it from them!

Ninja

Mu-43 Regular
I read a rumor somewhere or other that there was to be a new 40-150mm M.Zuiko sometime soon. I have not seen anything else about it since, but it makes sense.

I get the feeling that Olympus is in the process of clearing out the existing stock of the 40-150mm lens in anticipation of the release of the new model (40-150mm IIR?). Olympus have already released the 14-42mm IIR with the E-P3 which is supposed to be a faster focusing lens and so on. Presumably they will update the 40-150mm as well.

If that is what was behind this special, I am just fine with it. I now have a pretty fair lens for my E-PL2 at a good price.

Cheers

WT21

Super Moderator
I read a rumor somewhere or other that there was to be a new 40-150mm M.Zuiko sometime soon. I have not seen anything else about it since, but it makes sense.

I get the feeling that Olympus is in the process of clearing out the existing stock of the 40-150mm lens in anticipation of the release of the new model (40-150mm IIR?). Olympus have already released the 14-42mm IIR with the E-P3 which is supposed to be a faster focusing lens and so on. Presumably they will update the 40-150mm as well.

If that is what was behind this special, I am just fine with it. I now have a pretty fair lens for my E-PL2 at a good price.

Cheers
Yes. With the new EPL3, they new lenses look different, but I actually prefer the old look.

Blastop

Mu-43 Regular
<snip>
Excuse the snip. I'm hoping you're right - I was transitioning my bank accounts and credit cards from one bank to another and was caught without the chance to buy in on that price. I'd be very glad to see it on clearance again!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom