1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Review M.Zuiko 300mm f/4 Pro - My impressions

Discussion in 'Reviews, Tests, & Shootouts' started by Mat - MirrorLessons, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
    We were talking about methods of acquisition of this lens:

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm f/4 PRO Lens

Does that qualify to be in this thread?

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Is surely does. But not every post that was originally made in this thread or other threads in this forum have been about the 300 Pro or P/L 100-400 have been about M43 lens.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I deleted a bunch of posts that were taking this thread into politics, my nation vs yours, and other discussion that doesn't belong here.

As far as whether this lens is overpriced and/or has good alternatives, that is fair game and relevant to this discussion. The thing is, both sides of the discussion have to keep it courteous. We got off to a bad start with these two posts, both of which were made by excellent and longstanding members who could have made their valid points without the insulting tone (we're all susceptible to this from time to time):

Now we've gotten to the point where this thread has run its course, so I am going to close it.

EDIT: I am re-opening the thread so the discussion can continue. Everyone, please make your points politely.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mat - MirrorLessons

Mat - MirrorLessons Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Turin
    For those interested, I added many full res shots taken with the lens and the MC-14 Teleconverter on my latest post on MirrorLessons:

Olympus 300mm f/4 IS Pro + MC-14 teleconverter – Sample image gallery

The performance with the teleconverter are still very good in terms of sharpness but the AF struggles more, especially in continuous mode. It is also better to choose either the shortest distance range (1.4-4m) or the longest (4-infinity) but not the full one.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Hi Mat,

I liked your "Grey Seals at Angel Bay" video. That sure demonstrated how IS is becoming a game changer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    Thanks, Mat. Love that kite shot over the water.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mat - MirrorLessons

Mar 10, 2013
    Turin
    Thanks. The Sync IS is really excellent.

8. Mat - MirrorLessons

Mar 10, 2013
    Turin
    Thanks. Yes that shot came out well. Then a few minutes after it started to rain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.