1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

M-con for Oly

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by BAKatz, Jun 29, 2011.

1. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    since the WCON was mentioned, i figured i'd ask about the macro converter...any users?

2. Interested, also

I do not have it, but have seriously considered it. It apparently is not multi-element design, however.

One reviewer (can't recall where) felt the plastic mounting mechanism might not age well….

Nevertheless, I am interested in others' experiences. I want it to be a good item!

3. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    i know how you feel, but for $70 it will tide me over til i get a macro lens......zoom lens first, then macro......the wide lens doesn't really do it for me....i'd rather take two and stitch em.....

4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I don't feel any part of it will break under normal use.
    The difficult thing is the very narrow focal distance range. I was chasing a flying and landing fly the other day and it would often have taken off again by the time I'd gone back and forth to find the right focal distance. But I believe that's an inherent issue in such converters (/macro?).
    The image quality is lessened compared to something normal taken without the converter, indeed if you can get close enough to something the kit lens at full zoom is better than the 40-150 at full zoom with the converter. But where the converter is needed it will get a better result than blowing an image up.
    I don't know the comparative results using the mark 2 kit lens (it can't be fitted to the mark 1 kit lens).