M 4/3 users are the Mac users of the photography world because...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bullfrog, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

a not entirely serious poll...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. nTo

nTo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2009
    i think this poll is very funny! (i meant positive intention)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Voted early and would have often, if I could have!:th_salute:
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, I would have liked to vote a few different ways myself :biggrin:.
  5. Yves D.

Yves D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Montréal, Canada
    Dont lick your camera when its freezing! ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    if it was so, i'd throw away my PEN. fortunately, there is no apple mumbo jumbo on my camera.
    just for your info: the apple camera is called iPhone, as far as i know.
  7. Alan Wolf

Alan Wolf Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Apple camera

Was my first digital; I sold it when Fuji came out with a whopping 1 mega pixel one—still have that (fixed lens, LCD the size of a postage stamp) in my closet. Can't imagine it will ever be a collectable... Also 4 and 8 MegaBite cards for it. They were expensive, too!:horse:
  8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm used to being on the cutting edge, sometimes you get bloody - but over time, you get a nose for the right path :jedi:

Plenty of room for more old school shooters :yahoo: we're here to listen, and to learn! :hail:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    And speaking of Mac users (I'm not one, by the way)... here's a word from their leader...

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UF8uR6Z6KLc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UF8uR6Z6KLc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

"Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish." :clap2:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Bullfrog

That's an incredible speech. Seen it loads of times and it never fails to impress.:bravo-009:
  11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Brian, I only just made the time to sit down and listen - and watch. Thank you.

Steve Job's speech was deeply moving to me, and inspirational. As the parent, and as someone who's from his era, it really hits home, and I have just sent it along to our daughter as a gift of inspiration.
  12. Bullfrog

I work at a university business school and during one programme I recall showing this speech to a group of tough, grizzled security managers from a big logistics company. Every single one of them was in tears at the end. It's powerful stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Another poll question perhaps: We know a good thing when we see it!:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

There isn't any question in my mind that the iMac is superior in every way with the other brands.......the same goes for Olympus, however, I feel that they are turning out far to many models that in five months will be obsolete because of the next introduction of a new model. I have said before somewhere that back in the 50's when the Japanese cameras first hit the stores that they introduced one model and it stayed that way for more than a year. Look at present day Oly, Nican, ..... so many models on the go!! I can even go further, the car industry started off with one model and then greed took over and buyouts and they ended up with many models (GM is a good example of that).
  15. JimNYUK

JimNYUK Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    North Yorkshire, UK
    I would have to go along with Bill, in other words we have impeccable taste - and of course we know it.
    • Like Like x 1