M 4/3 users are the Mac users of the photography world because...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bullfrog, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

a not entirely serious poll...

• Like Like x 2
  2. nTo

nTo Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Indonesia
    i think this poll is very funny! (i meant positive intention)

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Voted early and would have often, if I could have!:th_salute:

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, I would have liked to vote a few different ways myself :biggrin:.

5. Yves D.

Yves D. Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Montréal, Canada
    Dont lick your camera when its freezing! ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  6. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    if it was so, i'd throw away my PEN. fortunately, there is no apple mumbo jumbo on my camera.
    just for your info: the apple camera is called iPhone, as far as i know.

7. Alan Wolf

Alan Wolf Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Apple camera

Was my first digital; I sold it when Fuji came out with a whopping 1 mega pixel one—still have that (fixed lens, LCD the size of a postage stamp) in my closet. Can't imagine it will ever be a collectable... Also 4 and 8 MegaBite cards for it. They were expensive, too!:horse:

8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm used to being on the cutting edge, sometimes you get bloody - but over time, you get a nose for the right path :jedi:

Plenty of room for more old school shooters :yahoo: we're here to listen, and to learn! :hail:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    And speaking of Mac users (I'm not one, by the way)... here's a word from their leader...

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UF8uR6Z6KLc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UF8uR6Z6KLc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

"Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish." :clap2:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Bullfrog

That's an incredible speech. Seen it loads of times and it never fails to impress.:bravo-009:

11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Brian, I only just made the time to sit down and listen - and watch. Thank you.

Steve Job's speech was deeply moving to me, and inspirational. As the parent, and as someone who's from his era, it really hits home, and I have just sent it along to our daughter as a gift of inspiration.

12. Bullfrog

I work at a university business school and during one programme I recall showing this speech to a group of tough, grizzled security managers from a big logistics company. Every single one of them was in tears at the end. It's powerful stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  13. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Another poll question perhaps: We know a good thing when we see it!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

There isn't any question in my mind that the iMac is superior in every way with the other brands.......the same goes for Olympus, however, I feel that they are turning out far to many models that in five months will be obsolete because of the next introduction of a new model. I have said before somewhere that back in the 50's when the Japanese cameras first hit the stores that they introduced one model and it stayed that way for more than a year. Look at present day Oly, Nican, ..... so many models on the go!! I can even go further, the car industry started off with one model and then greed took over and buyouts and they ended up with many models (GM is a good example of that).

15. JimNYUK

JimNYUK Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    North Yorkshire, UK
    I would have to go along with Bill, in other words we have impeccable taste - and of course we know it.
    Jim.

• Like Like x 2