Mµ-43.COM Forum Thread Explosions

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RT_Panther, Jun 15, 2013.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Since I've been a member,
    I've seen this forum's threads explode 2 times...

First = E-P3 available to members
    2nd = OM-D E-M5 available to members

I suspect the E-P5 will be the next explosion

(Funny thing is that I have neither of the "exploding" cameras)

2. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    A nice increase in forum activity?

I have noticed that there appears to be a trend of increasing threads and posts. I prefer this forum a lot over the DPReview M43 forum. The people posting here are different somehow seeming to be more civil or perhaps this site is much better moderated?

Dan
    Portland, Oregon

3. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Well, that is a good sign, eh?

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The culture here is different than over there, and while I think it's largely member driven, we also have great moderators :smile:.

It's definitely true that there was a posting explosion after the E-M5. I'm betting that the next huge hit is going to be the GX2. If they get the sensor right and the rest of the rumors are true, likely to be a massive success.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Good point - especially if it has an integrated EVF with rangefinder-style design...

6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    ^^^ agreed.

If the sensor is right, is RF styled with an EVF and Panasonic price it competitively (and is steadily available) it could well be the next 'exploding camera'.

But yeah, the forum definitely has grown, I remember when typical daily peak hour was about 55-70 members online, peak hour now seems to about 130+ members online. While the dynamic has changed in some ways, the atmosphere of the place is still a very positive one.

Side note. Went into a downtown camera store today that I hadn't visited for over a year simply because m43 gear probably only accounted for about 5% of shelf space, today however my guess is that it was more like 15%. While I was fiddling with a Nikon A there was a young woman next to me holding a GH3, the sales assistant serving her was lavish in his praise for both the camera and the format. I was tempted to lean in once he'd walked off and tell her that he's actually NOT lying about the things he was saying...it wouldn't have mattered anyway, she bought the camera.

7. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    I agree, plus this site has a realistic owner who allows the members to be critical about the mu4/3 system and cameras. :2thumbs:

Something I have experienced differently on 4/3Photo.

8. 350duser

350duser Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Brisbane, QLD
    I like this site:drinks:

:2thumbs: