Lynyrd Skynyrd

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by stingx, Aug 17, 2012.

1. stingx

stingx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Weird, NJ
    Hugh Douche
    Walking in to the office and I see Skynyrd on an outside set. Shame I had no time to hang to watch the performance.

Lynyrd Skynyrd by stingx, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 1
  2. michaeln

michaeln Guest

They used to be one of my favorite bands. Glad to see they are still apparently doing well!
  3. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Great photo. Thanks!

I saw them on June 15, 1977 in Springfield, Massachusetts. Foreigner and .38 Special opened. No-one knew who .38 Special was at the time and I recall we thought the lead vocalist was Ronnie Van Zant for a moment.

On October 20th of that year Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane crashed in Mississippi.

RIP Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, Dean Kilpatrick, (also pilot Walter McCreary and co-pilot William Gray). We've missed you...

4. michaeln

michaeln Guest

Ooops sorry, I meant no disrespect. I did not know about the plane crash or the passing of the founders.
  5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Named after high school physical education teacher Leonard Skinner. Along with Led Zeppelin, they are my all-time favorite rock bands.

I never liked the Rossington-Collins or Collins iteration.

Along with The Marshal Tucker Band and Charlie Daniels, their music made hot Summer nights in the South go a little easier during the 70s.
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    And in the North as well - classic music!