1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by stingx, Aug 17, 2012.

1. stingx

stingx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Weird, NJ
    Hugh Douche
    • Like Like x 1
  2. michaeln

michaeln Guest

They used to be one of my favorite bands. Glad to see they are still apparently doing well!

3. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Great photo. Thanks!

I saw them on June 15, 1977 in Springfield, Massachusetts. Foreigner and .38 Special opened. No-one knew who .38 Special was at the time and I recall we thought the lead vocalist was Ronnie Van Zant for a moment.

On October 20th of that year Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane crashed in Mississippi.

RIP Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, Dean Kilpatrick, (also pilot Walter McCreary and co-pilot William Gray). We've missed you...

woof!

4. michaeln

michaeln Guest

Ooops sorry, I meant no disrespect. I did not know about the plane crash or the passing of the founders.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Named after high school physical education teacher Leonard Skinner. Along with Led Zeppelin, they are my all-time favorite rock bands.

I never liked the Rossington-Collins or Collins iteration.

Along with The Marshal Tucker Band and Charlie Daniels, their music made hot Summer nights in the South go a little easier during the 70s.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    And in the North as well - classic music!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.