1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

LX7 for $240.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Jul 28, 2013.

1. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Holy !

2. jason6764

jason6764 New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2013
    Fantastic price, don't think I can order from here in the UK

3. eljay

eljay Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Wow!
    I just got a GX1 and obviously I'm lusting after some nice lens, which makes me wonder:
    Is the LX7 with its F1.4-2.3 (24-90mm equiv.) lens better than if I were to pair my GX1 with the Panasonic 12-35mm?

Would it make sense to buy this as a "second body" for an all-around camera instead of spending much much more for the 12-35mm lens? Or are these two options really in a different league quality-wise?

I guess lugging around 2 bodies goes against the reasons why I bought a GX1. :(

I hate this forum! ;)

---
    EDIT:
    Fine print: Limit 3 per person, may buy 2 more as gifts. Free shipping. Does not ship to AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico.

I guess that solves my dilemma. I hate this "US-only" stuff. Isn't US-Canada is the largest trade partnership in the world? /rant

4. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    That's a steal for a very very good P&S

5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Ditto. The LX7 is a fine point and shoot with great manual control when you want or need it. And you won't find a faster lens in its class. An FYI for GX1 owners... the LX7 takes the same LVF-2 external EVF that works on the GX1. If you have any interest in this camera, there is no reason to pass up this deal.

6. eljay

eljay Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Thanks for the encouraging comments.
    Can you comment on whether it makes sense to get the LX7 instead of faster lens for a GX1?
    I realize that low light performance may be better on the GX1, but how is that LX7 lens?

Thank you.

7. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    The LX7 can hang with the m4/3s kit lenses, but if you compare to faster glass, especially something like the 12-35, the gap will widen significantly.

8. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    LOL. How do you think the people in AK/HI/PR feel? They are actually part of the US but are refused shipping as well. I'd thought you would be more upset that Groupon groups Canada in with those other non 48 states of the US. ;)

You can try a transhipper or Canadians that live close to the border have it shipped to a mailbox on the US side and then drive over and pick it up.

9. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    It's now sold out. I hope everyone that wanted one got one.

10. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    No, they won't ship to PO Boxes.:mad:

11. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    People ship it to private mailboxes like what was onced called Mailboxes Etc. I think it's the UPS Store now. A private mailbox is industinguishable from an apt or office address.

12. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    I thought to my self this morning. What a great deal, but I already have one. I always shoot w the lvf2 and today I decided to give the LCD a shot. I dropped it and broke it good haha! Oh well been eye-ing the fuji fixed lens bodies...

13. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I ordered one, even though I really did not need it. I have the LX5 which is my carry everywhere camera but this will replace it. Expect my LX5 to show up in the for sale area in a week or two.

14. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    A lot of Post Offices now let people with PO Boxes have packages sent there using the street address. So they'll accept deliveries from UPS, FedEx, etc.

Talk to the people at your post office and see if they can set you up.

15. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks for the tip. It shouldn't be YMMV. It's an official USPS policy. I knew the post office had general delivery, you can have mail sent general delivery to your any post office under your name. Then pick it up at the counter. But I didn't know that people with PO Boxes could address it like an apt. Especially since on government forms they tell you that you can't do that and have to explicitly say PO Box. But here it is straight from the USPS, they allow for street addressing and they explicitly say it's to allow for UPS and Fedex deliveries.

"Some merchants do not allow shipping to a PO Box address. The Street Addressing option enables customers to receive packages and deliveries from private carriers who require a street address for delivery, such as UPS and FedEx."

https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=mtcsa

Another option is to ship to a UPS or Fedex distribution center. They will also hold a package for pickup much like general delivery at the post office.

16. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Thanks for the tips, but the offer sold out while I was trying to work out another option. With Groupon, there are no real people to communicate with to explain and work things out.

17. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    Placed my order on the day of the post and it arrived yesterday. Fastest I've ever had with groupon. Very nice PnS camera

18. iHadJelloToday

iHadJelloToday Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    Is the camera new or refurb? Congrats on getting the great deal!

19. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    No refurb stickers so new