LX7 $299 at B&H

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by madogvelkor, Jun 10, 2013.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    What a deal for a great compact camera like that.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Its been at $299 or below many times since it first came down around Black Friday of last year. They raise it back to $450 or something every now and then to maintain the illusion that $299 is somehow a "sale" price. And it may stimulate sales a bit each time they lower it. But given how often its been happening, I think $299 is basically its price and I feel bad for anyone who's not aware of this and pays the higher price for it. If its not on sale for $299, give it a couple of weeks and it will be...

But I fully agree its the photographic deal of the year/decade/whatever at that price during its regular product run, rather than just when they're making room for its successor.

-Ray

4. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    A good deal for sure, I'm very pleased I sold my S100 and changed to the LX7 for that type of camera.

I've considered buying a second LX7, but for a bit less money I'd rather had one more GX1 body.

5. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Looks like it was a flash sale, and it is back to $349 like everywhere else.

While it is a great camera, I think it isn't worth more than $300 right now. Especially with the LF1 coming out in a few weeks.

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I don't think LF1 really competes directly with the LX7. A fast 24-90 and a slow 28-200 serve very different users/uses.

7. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    The speed of the LX7 lens has much to do with how well it works for me.

8. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    That's a good point, I had forgotten that the LX7 had such a fast lens - I was thinking it was a 1.8 like most of the other cameras in the class.

9. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    No only is it a fast lens, but the real advantage to me is that it closes only slightly compared to other cameras on the tele end.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.