1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

LX7 $299 at B&H

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by madogvelkor, Jun 10, 2013.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    What a deal for a great compact camera like that.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Its been at $299 or below many times since it first came down around Black Friday of last year. They raise it back to $450 or something every now and then to maintain the illusion that $299 is somehow a "sale" price. And it may stimulate sales a bit each time they lower it. But given how often its been happening, I think $299 is basically its price and I feel bad for anyone who's not aware of this and pays the higher price for it. If its not on sale for $299, give it a couple of weeks and it will be...

But I fully agree its the photographic deal of the year/decade/whatever at that price during its regular product run, rather than just when they're making room for its successor.

-Ray

4. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    A good deal for sure, I'm very pleased I sold my S100 and changed to the LX7 for that type of camera.

I've considered buying a second LX7, but for a bit less money I'd rather had one more GX1 body.

5. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Looks like it was a flash sale, and it is back to $349 like everywhere else.

While it is a great camera, I think it isn't worth more than $300 right now. Especially with the LF1 coming out in a few weeks.

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I don't think LF1 really competes directly with the LX7. A fast 24-90 and a slow 28-200 serve very different users/uses.

7. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    The speed of the LX7 lens has much to do with how well it works for me.

8. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    That's a good point, I had forgotten that the LX7 had such a fast lens - I was thinking it was a 1.8 like most of the other cameras in the class.

9. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    No only is it a fast lens, but the real advantage to me is that it closes only slightly compared to other cameras on the tele end.