1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

LX100 Zebra Strips - turning off !

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Sootchucker, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Sootchucker

Sootchucker Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2012
    Don't know if I am going mad of not, but if I go into the LX100's setup menu, page 5, and under Zebra Pattern select "OFF", everytime I turn the camera off and back on, the Zebra pattern appears on screen again.

How do you actually turn the Zebra pattern permanently off please ?

2. Gary_Berg

Gary_Berg Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    Are you in the full auto mode? It might not stick there.

3. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Are you using a custom mode (C1/2/3)? if you don't adapt the custom mode, the camera (correctly) reverts to previously saved settings.

M.

4. speedy

speedy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Along similar lines, but with a different camera (GX8) has anyone found a way to keep the rear tilt screen from turning on every time you turn on the camera? I've tried cycling the display button until the rear LCD turns off, then saving the settings in the Custom 1 menu, but it still seems to light up whenever I turn the camera off then back on again. I'm in manual mode too. Just trying to replicate my DSLR behavior :)

5. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

If the GX8 LCD was on when you switched-off the camera then it will return next time you switch on. But if it was off, then it won't until you hit the LVF button.

6. speedy

speedy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Tried that. Doesn't work for me. That's why I've even tried saving it as a custom setting. Turn rear LCD off, turn camera off, turn back on & the rear LCD just lights right back up like usual

7. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

How odd! That would leave me in a quandary: could I live with it, or should I reset the camera in the hope of fixing it but then have to change all the settings again, or ask the supplier/Panasonic to check the camera?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. speedy

speedy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Actually, I should clarify that. If I turn the rear screen off with the LVF button beside the EVF, it will indeed stay off (the rear screen) when I turn the camera off, & back on again. But, the EVF then stays on all the time. What I was trying to achieve, was to leave the LVF setting on auto, turn the rear screen off by cycling through with the display button, and thus the EVF will only turn on when you lift the camera to your eye. And have the camera return to this setup whenever I turn it off, & back on again. Phew. Long winded description I know :) What I was originally trying to achieve, was to extend battery life. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, no big deal just to hit the display button a couple of times each time I hit the power on button, to turn off the rear screen. First world problems :)

9. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    If using the custom setting did you "save" the modifications?

10. speedy

speedy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Sure did. I can change from C1 (where I saved the settings) to aperture, shutter, or any of the auto modes, or turn the camera off then on again, then switch back to C1 again, & it remembers all my custom settings. Except for the rear screen being off. Not the end of the world though. I even tried (right this minute) saving the settings to C1 with the rear screen off, & using the EVF with the camera up to my eye to navigate the menus. Same result, switch out of C1, then back, & the rear screen stays on. I must reiterate, this only happens if I turn the rear screen off by cycling through by pressing the display button. Which I want to do, as when you use the LVF button to turn off the rear screen, the EVF stays on continuously. Kind of defeating the purpose (power saving).

• Like Like x 1