1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

LX100 Raynox Macro Adapter Tip

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Robstar1963, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    Recently bought an LX100 and was trying to figure out how to improve the macro ability of the camera (in conjunction with looking at macro options on my other M43 cameras)
    Figured out that the Raynox DCR250 (and presumably the 150) Macro Adapter would fit directly by screw thread into the filter thread of the LX100
    The Raynox Adapter comes with a spring loaded clip adapter to fit various lenses between 52 and 67mm filter thread
    HOWEVER the actual Raynox macro glass lens which sits in the clip adapter fits the clip adapter using a screw thread
    The lens seperately identified as 'M250' has a 43mm rear screw thread
    Lo and behold it will fit directly into the filter thread of the LX100
    The Lens is not very heavy so won't add stress to the LX100 lens and it does not interfere with the retraction of the lens when fitted
    Tried, Tested and Confirmed
    Will try to add photos later to show the Macro Lens fitted to the camera and some pictures captured when I have taken some
    One way to further increase the versatility of the camera.
    Regards
    Rob

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Bumped in case it was missed first time round
    Rob

3. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Thanks for this, I saw the review on Mirrorlessons and they fitted it directly to the LX100. I'm going to experiment with it and the LX100 and my O75/1.8 to see how it does before I decide to buy the O60/2.8.