LX100 - Pre-order check-in

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by yakky, Sep 17, 2014.

1. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    I've got my order in with B&H. I'm a gadget crackhead, I have more cameras than I care to admit to. I've never pre-ordered any gadget before.
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    You don't qualify for crackhead status until you place multiple pre-orders for the same item so you can get your new drug, err, I mean camera as soon as possible.

Most people end up canceling their first pre-order. I have placed two in the past (NEX-6 & RX100m3) and canceled them both, only to buy both cameras a bit later anyway. I don't think I'll be going for the LX100, though I will be jonesing for it I'm sure.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Pre-ordered. Second time ever. (Ricoh GR previously)
  4. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    True, I know with the E-M1 I had preorders with B&H, Amazon, and Olympus direct (Olympus shipped about a week before everyone else). I preordered the moment that I saw the final pictures on 43rumors. I was tempted by a few minutes by the Leica branded one but noticed no hand grip or thumb grip, so shot that idea down real fast.
  5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    I pre-ordered in 2 places, but I do reserve the right to back out. I thought it had a touch screen, which now I learn it doesn't.

I think there may be a v2 that will come out a year later. Will have to decide on that, though I have the mk1 RX100, and have been happy with that, and have not felt the need to upgrade to the mk ii or mk iii, so maybe just get it and roll with it.

Key will be some more serious early reviews.

I also think this camera has the potential to go in short supply after first run, and maintain a higher price for a while, so waiting for a price drop probably means waiting a year for the v2.

but on the OTHER hand, I'm really enjoying the simplicity and challenge of an EP3 w/20mm 1.7.

First world problems I guess.
  6. stripedrex

stripedrex Do or do not. There is no try.

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Im on preorder. 2nd time to a7r (just remembered). And got a7r at a misprice which is why I bit.
  7. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    its time to eat those gas pills again :)
  8. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    I would be seriously tempted, but the power zoom control just kills it for me.
  9. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    I did! First time ever. I have been dreaming about this camera for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43
  10. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Can't afford it right now but this will likely be my next camera related purchase. Seems like a better investment than the 12-35 2.8 to cover same focal length..
  11. portadiferro

portadiferro Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2013
    I'm kinda broke so had to sell off my E-M1 and plethora of lenses so now I've been looking something to replace it and this really really is getting me stoked, although bit concerned about the limited focal range (50-200 was my favorite over 12-40), but prolly could learn to live with it. Just wondrering how big the effective sensor area is with the multiaspect. Is it still considerably bigger than the 1" competition?
  12. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    Anyone had experience with Panasonic pre-order before? How are they in fulfilling their promise in USA? I pre-ordered mine minutes after it went live from amazon.