LX100 Mark II Long-Term Reports?

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
I've been working with this little tool for over two and a half years now. No single problem. Superb lens and perfect in both manual mode and program presets. But why haven't the given it a LCD-display that can be tilted and rotated (at that price!)?
Here are some examples of what you can do with it (all taken in jpg mode).
P1038227.3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1038233.1.jpg
P1038261.3.jpg
P1038272.3.jpg
P1038299.3.jpg

chaconi

World Tourist
Real Name
Not Chaconi
Anyone else feel that the colors out of the LX100 mark II are a bit more dull than comparative Panasonic cameras? I just can't get the same feel to color images as I got with the GX9, curious if others have found JPEG settings which they like. For the GX9, standard JPEG with some negative saturation dialed in made for lovely colors, but I can't desaturate the colors with the LX, almost feels like an increase is needed. Not that I've had any sun to work with during this rainy January...
Seems very nice to me.

Real Name
Andrew L
Seems very nice to me.
They're not bad, just slightly less good than I was used to getting with the GX9 (with some admittedly higher-end glass in front of it). It's a great little camera, though. I dreamt of putting a leather half case on it to round out the grip ergonomics, I think that would feel (not to mention look) perfect.

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
I pondered replacing my Olympus C-7070 for over 10 years, and the LX100 would have been the most natural choice if not for the dust problem. The overall lack of care to prevent dust on the sensors of interchangeable lens cameras is already bad enough, but for that to happen to a fixed lens camera is just unacceptable.

Neon Birding

Mu-43 Veteran
Have not shot with the newer II model, but I suspect it would be as good if not better than the original. Neverthless, I've used the LX100 from mid 2015 to 2018 and put it through desert dusty conditions. Overall, it was the image quality, speed of AF/ease of manual focus, compact size and built in custom lens and the ability to shoot 4K video at 30p that sold me. This was many years ago when 4K was rare online. Neverthelss, I still highly value the content that camera has recorded. I'm one that had dust issues. To be fair, I used the LX100 in extreme desert conditions. For me there was no cons: at that time (2015-2018), the LX100 shot better video than most FF DSLRs, ? it was an exciting time to get into 4K video. Today, the options are much different due to the evolution of tech.

This was one of the first videos I shot over 5 years ago with the LX100:

These dash cam shots of this video were my last outing with the LX100: Note: shooting through curved windshield resolution::thumbup:

Last edited:

Philbert

New to Mu-43
I sent my LX100 II to California for Panasonic factory repair for dust in December 2021. They said it needed a new CMOS sensor. The cost was $270.
In less than a month the camera went from perfectly clear to a disaster. See the attached file. Those are not sea gulls. I am not pleased.
The factory representative said there is no warranty on dust. I wonder if they forgot to flush out the dust in the rest of the camera.

I now will bring it to a local camera store that will take it apart and clean for $150.
*** It took less than a month to get 5 years of dust and I didn't take it anywhere. ***
Any thoughts about what to do? Thank you.

Attachments

• P1105164.JPG
    P1105164.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 85

Latest threads

Top Bottom