LX100 Mark II Long-Term Reports?

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Yes, good point, I think I've gone too far with good primes to be satisfied with what is essentially, despite the larger aperture and Leica badging, a kit lens. Bring on the prime LX100!

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Agreed - the lens on the LX100 was no more than "acceptable". The old 20mm f1.7 on a GX8, Pen-F or even the EM10.2 would make a much better quality option - but of course you'll lose the zoom. Unfortunately, we all need to make compromises somewhere.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Agreed - the lens on the LX100 was no more than "acceptable". The old 20mm f1.7 on a GX8, Pen-F or even the EM10.2 would make a much better quality option - but of course you'll lose the zoom. Unfortunately, we all need to make compromises somewhere.
That's true, however the way I've been feeling lately about M4/3 sensors is that they actually render details really well when the lens is quite sharp, but if there's a lack of microcontrast or sharpness, the list detail gets noisy and muddy, rather than smoothing out. Maybe this is just an overall digital problem. But I've come to look for very sharp lenses almost exclusively - possible exception being the Oly 17mm pancake.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Well, the LX100II is gone, and as far as I'm able to formulate my thoughts, it is a really nice small camera. If I were primarily in need of small, and didn't have another small digital camera already, I think it would be almost perfect. But it helped me cement the idea that I don't want all of my digital bodies to be super small. I was surprisingly able to overcome my distaste of power zooms with the excellent step zoom, the build quality was impressive, and the EVF is actually at its least annoying on this body, probably due to expectations. I wasn't entirely sold on the lens IQ, but other than that, it's an excellent camera. Robustness I am less sure of, it didn't "feel" like a camera that would keep going for years and years with no problems, but I know plenty of people have had original LX100s that are still going strong.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom