1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

LVF2 shortage?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by billgreen, May 13, 2012.

1. billgreen

billgreen Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 4, 2012
    Santa Ana, San Jose, Costa Rica
    Bill Green
    I just decided that I want an external finder for my GX-1 (LVF2) and I find they are non-existent. Anyone know what the story is? Have they ever been available?

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Panasonic appears to go with very low production numbers of most all of their products. This can be illustrated by the lack of availability of a number of items & the lack of refurbished items in comparison to Olympus.

This being said, you might want to check brick n' mortar stores vice online warehouses....

3. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    I went to my local store (Jacobs in the UK) and picked one up off the shelf, they had a few of them.

If you get one you will not be dissapointed

4. billgreen

billgreen Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 4, 2012
    Santa Ana, San Jose, Costa Rica
    Bill Green
    What was the going price in the U.S. when it was available? I found a few on ebay for $328 (free shipping) from a reliable company in Hong Kong (100% positive with over 30,000 feedbacks). Is $328 a rip-off?

5. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    I don't know the US price, but here in rip off britain its £230, that equates to $260 at current exchange rates

here in UK a EM-5 is £1000 for body only compared to $1000 dollars in US
    at todays exchange rate thats $1600 for an EM-5

6. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    U.S. price was around $190, then dropped to $160, now is back up to $200 some places. I think the supply may be a bit low as suggested. I'm likely going to buy another LVF2 in the future, but don't care to pay $200 if I don't have to, I don't need it.

7. drdtyc

drdtyc Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2013
  8. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Yep, and I believe the out-of-stock situation elsewhere is the reason the price has increased to $200 through Amazon.

Maybe the super low prices on GX1s has increased the sales of the LVF2.

9. thesanbruno5

thesanbruno5 New to Mu-43

Jun 18, 2013
    Low price on GX1 -And- LX7 :smile:

Price jumped like crazy on Amazon so I ended up buying from a market place dealer on there.

10. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    True!

I also own an LX7 though I've yet to use a LVF2 on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.