1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

LVF2 finder

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Johnytuono, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2012
    Lancs., UK
    Bought one for my GX1 about a week ago. What a difference it makes! Easy to see in sunlight (when we get any) and a handy tool for street shots.
    JohnyT

2. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I really like mine too. Sometimes I am tempted to take it off just to make the camera more pocketable with the 20mm on it, but I really miss it when it isn't there. Easy enough to put it on and take it off though.

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Yep - I can second that as for work on sunny days (very rare currently in UK but should get some in 2013), it is superb with very fast refresh rate and good dioptre choice.

I did have the LVF1 with my old GF1 but the LVF2 is poles ahead and a worthy purchase!

4. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Agree. It's a great piece of gear. I also like having the EVF as an option, and not built in - although I use it more than not. The 90 degree pivot also eliminates the need for a flip-out display, which I like as well. Of course, these are MY likes, and not necessarily everyone else's.

5. lennyKravic

lennyKravic Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2012
    I'm waiting for my LVF2 and hope this week it will arive. It was hard to find here, even Panasonic hadn't it in stock. I really can't live with camera without viewfinder, I tried it and it doesn't work for me.

6. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    An old thread but the comments seem to fit with what I wanted to share.

I too find the diopter adjustment a pleasure, better than on other cameras I’ve used where the adjustment wheel is a tiny thing with little space to turn the adjuster with my eye on the finder. The bigger adjustment wheel under the flipped-up LVF2 makes fine-tuning for my eye much easier.

I did find that I inadvertently changed the diopter setting on one body while working in the field last weekend. So I readjusted all of them and marked them for an easy return to my personal baseline.

Just and iPhone snap.

Attached Files:

7. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    It doesn’t completely eliminate the need/want for a rotating LCD I agree it does help a lot.

Additionally, I really like the low angle abilities of my GX1 while using the LVF2. A pivoting LCD is nice, but for low angle shots in the sun they don't work as well (like any LCD in the sun) as holding the camera just above the ground and looking down into the LVF2. Much easier on the neck and helps keep the clothes clean.

Cheers.

8. thesanbruno5

thesanbruno5 New to Mu-43

Jun 18, 2013
    I upgraded to the GX1 from a long line of Canon P&S. What a difference the LVF2 makes! I never expected viewfinder to be required for my typical shooting style, but now I can't live w/o it and expect to pick up a DSLR when Black Friday hits.

9. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    I downgraded from Canon FF dSLRs and have no plans to buy another :wink:

10. Bill E. Pilgrim

Bill E. Pilgrim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 30, 2012
    NE Wisconsin
    My LVF2 never leaves my GX1 except to use a flash on the hotshoe. I really couldn't live without it.

11. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Not trying to 'bag' on the Fuji X system, I know many people love and use the system well, that's great, my dad is one of them.

Yesterday he and I were one a walk, he with his Fuji X-E1 and me with my GX1 and LVF2. I noticed he rarely (never?) uses his viewfinder. At the time he said the sun hitting us from the side made it difficult to use his viewfinder.

I took the opportunity to set his lens to an 85mm AOV (35mm), same AOV as the prime I had on my GX1, for a side-by-side test. The viewfinder on his X-E1 displayed a small, lower quality image compared to my LVF1, I was quite surprised and unimpressed. Maybe other Fuji X cameras are better or different, but the experience just reinforced my appreciation for the GX1 and LVF2.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stargate

stargate Mu-43 Regular

Aug 14, 2013
    Greece
    I, too, love the LVF2 on my GX1. I much prefer it to the LCD screen, and since in Greece the sun shinning everywhere is the norm rather than the exception it is quite indispensable. I do not have experience with other EVF's (my previous camera was a DSLR) but I can not find something bad to say about it.

• Like Like x 1