1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

LVF1 replacement

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by elandel, Sep 12, 2011.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hi,

I just bought a GF1 and now want an EVF so the I must buy the LVF1. I read some threads talking about a LVF1 replacement with something more decent; is it true and must I wait before buying the LVF1?

2. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    I hadn't heard about one. However, since the GF3 cannot handle an external viewfinder and there's a good chance that the GF7 will have a built-in EVF, I'm starting to doubt it. If they do come out with one, though, I'm going to have an even harder time getting rid of my GF1.

3. GF-7? No GF-4,5 or 6?

Doubt if I will rush out to purchase then next gen GF-? unless they incorporate an evf with the quality of at least the G2, improve the sensor allowing higher ISO with lower noise & bring back the manual controls of the GF-1. Size & styling similar to GF-1 would be a plus. An articulating lcd and focus selection dial like the G2 would be another positive feature. Probably will be shooting with the GF-1/G2 for many more years.

4. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Agree: I just bought a GF1 and only miss the built.in Vf of the G2 that I own. The new Gfs are ergonomically worse than the GF1 so if the Gf? will have the same controls (doubt it) then I mat gibe it a chance otherwise my GF1 will be with me for a very very long time.:smile:

5. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    The latest rumors for 43rumors is that the "GF Pro" will be announced around the end of the year and called the GF7, probably because it's not a successor of the GF3. It's expected to have an integrated EVF and more manual controls. Basically, it's what the enthusiasts, not the marketing department, wanted the GF2 to be.

6. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    It seems like I'll have to buy the LVF1 at it's very expensive price. I'm trying to find one used but its really very difficult. Even finding a new one is a challenge.:mad:
    Are you sure its not discontinued?:confused:

7. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    From your other posts, you have both a GF1 and a G2? These are essentially the same camera with the same image sensor, just a different feature set. If you want the viewfinder, grab for the G2. Otherwise, grab for the GF1. Owning both these cameras is fairly redundant. I'd say sell the G2, and use that money to buy yourself the LVF1.

8. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    It's not that simple because for me they have different uses. And using big or heavy lenses on the the GF1 is not the best for me so I use them in different ways.

I essentialy bought the GF1 because it had the 20mm attached and was a bargain here in Italy: for the price of the lens I also got a body and this one was the body I wanted to sell; then the more I use it the more I love it and my decision to sell the GF1 body flew away.:biggrin: